cant load bios or anything.

Bigdaddykp

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
I am stumped. I have a dell 570 insperion computer the wont load windows or bios. I took my desktop to work and brought it home a couple times a month. One day I brought the computer home and it worked for a while, and i took a nap and let the kids play on the computer. so it work when i went to bed. woke up and the screen was on the bios screen. The keyboard wasn't working to reset the computer so i manually shut the computer down. When I powered it on it would still only load to the bios screen and the f2 or f12 would get me anywhere.

what i've tried.
I have the same computer in the other room. switched out hard drives. the bad computer loaded up on the other computer but the bad computer still got to the same screen. unplugged the hard drive all together still same screen.

Took out ram in pairs, and even placed one ram stick in. tried all four slot with a ram stick, still get to the same unresponsive screen.

Tried the other power supply and nothing, still same.

swapped the CPU from other computer and still got to the same screen.

unplugged all the components attached to the computer, like front usb, card reader, cd drive, removed graphics card, and basic bare bone: PSU, hard drive, ram, cpu. still loaded to same screen. no response

took battery out of CMOS and it beep 5 times, which states run time error. put a new battery in and still same error.

took it to a computer shop, they said the motherboard was bad, sounded lagit. bought a new motherboard and still got to same outcome, run time error and the keyboard is still unresponsive.

checked out forums and it said that it might be a setting just before the bios kicks in, which usb connections don't respond until bios starts. I haven,t bought a new CPU, but wondering what i should do so i don't waste money.

I was duel screening and the dell addon which tells cpu usage, and ram 60% and cpu was always maxed out. Only thing i added to system was a 750 PSU, and a new graphics card 2bg and required 75w pcie-16 v3. the mother board supported a pcie-16 v1. The game got great frames, so i jacked up the graphics. the cpu was always at 100% but i wasn't lagging so i ran it.

any ideas.

Bigdaddykp

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
so I powered down the computer, for a couple days no power to it. plugged it in, held the power button down for 20sec after the fans stopped. All my front panel stuff, usb, card reader, and audio was still disconnected. I also removed a wireless head set usb adapter in back and mouse. When I reloaded the computer I got and error that the front panel was not detected, but could get into bios, and load order was correct so I hit F1 and got into my computer. The time was off by years but easily changed. I haven't hooked the front stuff back up but just have to kit F1 to bypass it on load. Not sure what really fixed it but it works now.