[SOLVED] Can't locate CMOS Battery in HP Notebook 14-cf0006dx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2020
I have been seeking help for my problem everywhere why my laptop doesn't start when I press the power button.It starts automatically after two or more days.I followed all the steps they gave me like Power reset,Battery drain,main battery replace/check,RAM replace,checking the power source adapter etc.Nothing worked.
My computer's hardwares including motherboard are good I can assure you that beacause whenever my computer turns on suddenly by itself,it works absolutely fine.
There is a problem with my time settings also.It gets reset everytime whenever the laptop turns on.I found that it causes because of the weak/dead CMOS/RTC Battery which also creats problem to boot the PC.Moreover,I found other guys who had exactly same problem as me and they solved their problem by reseating/changing the CMOS/RTC Battery.
So,now I want to replace/reseat my RTC/CMOS battery.But I can't find it.I don't see any CMOS battery in my motherboard.
I found that the latest laptop doesn't have CMOS battery as the little power source needed for BIOS/CMOS takes from the main battery.If the little power source to turn on the laptop takes from the main battery,then how my laptop is independent from the battery?I mean how can I turn it only with AC adapter plugged in and without the battery?
Is there any CMOS/RTC Battery in my laptop?If the laptop has CMOS/RTC Battery then where is it?How can I find it?How can I replace it?You can see my model number and product specifications. So please help me with that.
If there is any other way to solve my issue,let me know.Thank you.

Solution
As I mentioned if it uses main cell then how my pc is independent from main battery?
The battery is just one of two possible sources. Aka UPS.
What would you suggest me then? Should I change my main battery to solve this problem? (My main battery is absolutely fine and giving a nice backup)
I wouldn't necessarily blame the battery, it is just one of the possible causes and the simple part to swap, the rest is more complicated.
Oct 1, 2020
Laptops do not necessarily have one. It is your main cell that might be on the way out...

As I mentioned if it uses main cell then how my pc is independent from main battery?
What would you suggest me then? Should I change my main battery to solve this problem? (My main battery is absolutely fine and giving a nice backup)

The battery is just one of two possible sources. Aka UPS.
I wouldn't necessarily blame the battery, it is just one of the possible causes and the simple part to swap, the rest is more complicated.

Last edited:
Reactions: mushfiqur_rahman
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.