[SOLVED] Can't log in to Netgear EX3700 network extender after initial setup

kihilind

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2012
I reset my Netgear EX3700/AC750 WiFi Range Extender using a paperclip, logged in to http://mynetworkext via my Android phone and made it into an access point (it's on an ethernet connection to my modem and acting as a wap in my garage for my Roku). I then wanted to log back into it via http://mywifiext and www.mywifiext<DOT>net so I could do the latest security updates, but it wouldn't work from my Android phone via Chrome browser, my PC via Chrome or Firefox. All lights on the extender are lit and green. I can connect to the extender's signal very well and access the Internet. Can anyone think of a reason why I can't log in?

Solution
Your problem is likely because you are trying to use some name to access the device. Not sure on how these units works. The problem they have is they have to change the IP so the devices do not conflict with other device. They can't all use the same IP address and that name you are using only translates into a single IP.

This is mostly a read the manual things and find out what it is doing. You should be able to change the IP to something else withing the network range of your main router that does not conflict. If you do it then you know what the ip will be.

Otherwise it depends on the vendor. Some may use some special program that does not use IP addresses to admin things. These are all proprietary...
Your problem is likely because you are trying to use some name to access the device. Not sure on how these units works. The problem they have is they have to change the IP so the devices do not conflict with other device. They can't all use the same IP address and that name you are using only translates into a single IP.

This is mostly a read the manual things and find out what it is doing. You should be able to change the IP to something else withing the network range of your main router that does not conflict. If you do it then you know what the ip will be.

Otherwise it depends on the vendor. Some may use some special program that does not use IP addresses to admin things. These are all proprietary implementations so again it is a read the manual thing.

Solution