Can't log on my only account (admin)

plastosh

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014
Hi here is my problem when i try to get on my only account (which is the admin one) i get the error "the group policy client service failed the login. access is denied" i made some research on the internet and all of them said to go in safe mode but when i try to go in safe mode, i put in my password and the screen flash black for like 1 sec and at the top i could see microsoft (R) Windows (R) 7 Service pack 1 written at the top then it goes back to the login screen so i cant even get to my deskop in safe mode... any thoughts on how to fix that?

Solution

Could be a HDD or SSD on the way out...?

IRyannHD

Distinguished
If you have the cd then try this.

1. Insert the Windows Vista or Windows 7 DVD, and then restart the computer.

2. When you receive the following message, press any key:

Press any key to boot from CD or DVD.

3. Set the following preferences, and then click Next:
o Language to install
o Time and currency format
o Keyboard or input method

4. Click Repair your computer, select the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.

5. Click System Restore, and then click Next.

6. Click the restore point that you want to use, and then click Next.

Note : Click a restore point that will return the computer to a state where the logon is successful. After you use the System Restore feature, reinstall any programs or updates that may be removed. You will not lose any personal documents. However, you may have to reinstall programs. You may also have to reset some personal settings.

7. Confirm the disks that you want to restore, and then click Next.

8. Click Finish, and then click Yes when you are prompted.

9. When the System Restore process is complete, click Restart to restart the computer.

10. After the computer restarts, click Close to confirm that the System Restore process has finished successfully.

11. Use an appropriate method to log on. For example, log on by using an older password, or log on by using another computer account.

plastosh

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014
when i try to restore it fail.... it said restore couldn't finish or something liek that no files were changed and there was only 1 restore point in the list.... and yeah i chose safe mode option and when i put in the login info it loop back to login screen

IRyannHD

Distinguished

Could be a HDD or SSD on the way out...?

Solution

IRyannHD

Distinguished
Do you have another laptop or computer, if so hook it up to the desktop or buy a SSD to USB adapter and plug it into your laptop, grab everything you can or want off it then format, this is a possible solution but scan the drive with an anti-virus, you may be able to delete any malware that may have locked you out and you may not have to format.

I am not taking responsibility for any malware or viruses that may enter your desktop or PC, scan with anti virus first.

plastosh

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014
yup my SSD died what happened is that i had a leftover instal of windws on my old HDD that i used as secondary hard drive and when my computer restarted it booted on it but some files might have been missing on his one so don try to find anything else i guess i'll just buy another one... lol