[SOLVED] Can't login to GFE or use ShadowPlay because Nvidia security challenge identity verification email not sent ?

I've had this happen before. I had to wait almost 24 hours before it was sent.
Next day I tried it and it send immediately
Definingly something wrong with NVIDIA's email servers
Yeah it had me really upset, so much so that I stopped playing the game I was going to do more capture on for a walkthrough I'm doing, and instead fired up Dead Space 3 again. This lead me to a marathon session of escapism to try and forget about it, and I wound up going to bed at 10:30 the next morning, with less than 4 hours of sleep before going to a doctor's appointment.

I checked my emails about 1:30 PM today though and the verification email finally came, but of course I got to it too late for it to say success when I clicked on it. I reinstalled the latest 528.02 driver though and after logging in the email was sent just after and it verified right away.

You'd think a company that sells as much product as Nvidia does would keep better track of their servers, especially when you pretty much can't use ANY of the software features their drivers come with when they don't send you verification emails.

It seems GFE is still having problems. The reason I was trying to install the newest driver before in the first place was the ShadowPlay status indicator was not showing onscreen like it does sometimes, and when that is the case despite ShadowPlay being turned on, I get no capture file writing when I hit the Instant Replay key.

So I resorted to turning Privacy Control off to see if the status indicator would show on the desktop, and it did, and showed in game too. I captured the segment I wanted to and it checked out fine when I watched it, however when I exited game, the status indicator was no longer showing on the desktop.

Then I went into ShadowPlay and turned Privacy Control back on, then off again, and now it's showing. Nvidia needs to sort this out because this has been another ongoing problem for a LONG time.

Last edited: