[SOLVED] Cant login to WIN10 with correct microsoft account password after BIOS update from Alienware update software.

Dec 17, 2019
Cant login to WIN10 with correct microsoft account password after BIOS update from Alienware update software.
I have tried to restore from troubleshoot > advanced options via command prompt, system restore and safe mode, but they keep on asking password which they dont recognize. Please help.

Solution
Try booting into safe mode first with administrator account. This should allow you getting into windows.

As for reinstalling windows without any loss of data:
Option #1 - get another drive and install windows on it (disconnect existing drives);
Option #2 - shrink one of existing partitions on your drives and install windows there (in freed up space).
use another computer or phone, and log into the Microsoft account to make sure you have the right password, if not from there you can get it reset.

Alternate solution; you can tell it not now and create a user account and once you figure what's your doing wrong with your email account set the user account to use the Microsoft account credentials again (but anything set on the non-ms windows user account will be lost so dont install anything.

Dec 17, 2019
use another computer or phone, and log into the Microsoft account to make sure you have the right password, if not from there you can get it reset.

Alternate solution; you can tell it not now and create a user account and once you figure what's your doing wrong with your email account set the user account to use the Microsoft account credentials again (but anything set on the non-ms windows user account will be lost so dont install anything.
Thank you for your reply. I can login through my phone with new password that i have changed through my pc login screen. But it still doesn't work on pc login. Im sereausly thinking to rewrite Windows at this point but not sure what is the best way to do it without erasing data on HD.

Do you happen to also have a local (non-Microsoft account) on the system? Maybe you created one when you first got the computer? Is there a password recovery process on the computer?
Also, make sure you are typing the correct login name. Try your first and last name (with a space in between).

Dec 17, 2019
Do you happen to also have a local (non-Microsoft account) on the system? Maybe you created one when you first got the computer? Is there a password recovery process on the computer?
Also, make sure you are typing the correct login name. Try your first and last name (with a space in between).
Hi. I dont have any other account. But at startup i must choose operating system from "windows 10 (on volume 5)" and "windows 10" which was already since i bought my pc. I don't know why it is there since there weren't any differences i can notice after login.
I cant change my login name since it is my name and surname from microsoft account.
Strange thing is that i was able to change my password through "i forgot my password" function via pc, and it reflected to my Microsoft account correctly, but it doesn't log me in via pc.
Also after this bios update i must push numlock on keyboard to activate numpad. It wasn't needed before.

Dec 17, 2019
Hi. After BIOS updates win10 don't recognize my Microsoft password. I cant find solution for that therefore i want to rewrite windows without loosing data on my SSD and HDD.
What is the best way of doing that. What is repiar function. Can i use that in my situation?
Is there a possibility to rewrite win10 without loosing programs and setup on my pc.
Will I need to buy new win10 key for activation? Please advise.

Try booting into safe mode first with administrator account. This should allow you getting into windows.

As for reinstalling windows without any loss of data:
Option #1 - get another drive and install windows on it (disconnect existing drives);
Option #2 - shrink one of existing partitions on your drives and install windows there (in freed up space).

Solution