Cpu: I9 1085k
Mobo: Z490-A pro
GPU: RTX 2070 super
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz 16x2

I have tried turing on the xmp on it says «memory OC fail»
I have the latest bios update.
I have tried cmos reset
I have tried puting it in maually with cl18-22-22-42 1.35w
My RAM sticks is in 2 and 4, i have tried diffrent variations.
I am not an advanced computer guy, but i am pretty sure my ram should be able to go higer than 2133mhz.
Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Solution
Okay, if this is the case is there a way to get booth up to equal «high» speed?

That's why I suggetsed to check if each one can get to that speed.

Mixing and matching RAM speeds and timings is a tricky hassle and many time doesn't work. However, you can manually set speeds but systems (notherboards) usually tend to downclock the module with the higher speed to the lower one so they match.

That's why I suggested to try and see if they both can work at 3200Mhz (instead of 3600Mhz) as a 'working' compromise.

Have you by any chance also tried 16-8-18-36 timings at 3600Mhz?

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums!

Have you tried one stick at a time to make sure each stick can reach that speed?

Also try setting all timings to auto, speed to 3200Mhz and maybe raise voltage to 1.40 and see if it works with eaither stick (opne at a time) and with both.

Feb 9, 2022
Welcome to the forums!

Have you tried one stick at a time to make sure each stick can reach that speed?

Also try setting all timings to auto, speed to 3200Mhz and maybe raise voltage to 1.40 and see if it works with eaither stick (opne at a time) and with both.
I am at work right now, but i will try when i come home, thx for the suggestion.

Feb 9, 2022
No problem. I suggested trying modules one at a time because I've seen kits with two where one of the 2 modules can't reach the speed the XMP profile requires. So with the duo set at that speed/clock the system can't POST or boot because one can't keep up.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador

That's why I suggetsed to check if each one can get to that speed.

Mixing and matching RAM speeds and timings is a tricky hassle and many time doesn't work. However, you can manually set speeds but systems (notherboards) usually tend to downclock the module with the higher speed to the lower one so they match.

That's why I suggested to try and see if they both can work at 3200Mhz (instead of 3600Mhz) as a 'working' compromise.

Have you by any chance also tried 16-8-18-36 timings at 3600Mhz?

Solution