Cant make separate simple volumes for the SSD and HDD

mesi123

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2012
Hey guys, so I tried researching a bit and couldnt find much.

So basically I built a new PC which has an M.2, SSD and HDD which are 500 gb, 120 gb and 3 Tb respectively. I installed the windows into the M.2. And wanted to make separate drives for the remaining two drives but I cannot. They only show up as a spanned, striped or mirrored volume. So I went ahead and made a spanned volume.There is no option to make it a separate volume whether they are GPT or MBR. I think i mistakenly put the m.2 drive as GPT as well. And I have to format or something to change it but that is besides the point.
Also the drives are plugged into SATA ports 3 and 4 out of 6. Ports 5 and 6 share bandwidth with the M.2 so I didnt use them. And connectors/ports 1 and 2 are empty.
How can I make separate simple volumes ? I have been getting quite a few BSODs after gaming for a while, usually memory/ driver related and was thinking maybe the drives have something to do with it ? Though I doubt much data is being written to the drive. I am playing CSGO atm which is installed on the spanned drive.

Hardware:
Asus TUF b450 Gaming Plus
Crucial MX500 M.2
Adata SU650 SSD
Toshiba P300 HDD
Also, the M.2 is situated under the GPU and it usually heats up when gaming. I have seen it reach about 67 celcius. Maybe that is the cause ? Any help is greatly appreciated !

Solution
Retrieve onto a USB drive whatever data you want to save, disconnect the other two drives and reinstall windows on the M.2. Then add the other drives as storage and see what you got.