[SOLVED] Can't manage to remove GPU from prebuilt PC

thatrandomapple

Commendable
Nov 19, 2017
I can't seem to manage to remove my GPU from my prebuilt MSI Nightblade MI2C. I would like to use this card in a new PC I will build, but I haven't managed to remove it. How would I properly remove it? Or is it even possible at all?

PC Model: MSI Nightblade MI2C-220EU
GPU: AMD Radeon RX480
Some images(first image is a bit blurry, hope it's still good enough): View: https://imgur.com/a/4Qw2YbN

Solution
In my previous attempt I tried pressing it down and I heard a little click, does that mean it unlocked? I couldn't seem to get it out after that. It's indeed a bit tricky to do especially because of the little space available there.
As I said it's always tricky. I myself struggled for a full 10 minutes today trying to remove my own gpu. I managed to get it out by pressing the lever down with one hand and pulling the gpu out with my other.

thatrandomapple

Commendable
Nov 19, 2017
Should have done some better searching I see. My card does not appear to be out of its slot like that one tho, or am I wrong?

You need to push the lever down before you can remove the card. This lever is situated on the right side of the second image. Pushing this lever down can be tricky sometimes!

View: https://imgur.com/IWulAZS
In my previous attempt I tried pressing it down and I heard a little click, does that mean it unlocked? I couldn't seem to get it out after that. It's indeed a bit tricky to do especially because of the little space available there.

Uberrover

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2017
As I said it's always tricky. I myself struggled for a full 10 minutes today trying to remove my own gpu. I managed to get it out by pressing the lever down with one hand and pulling the gpu out with my other.

Last edited:
Solution