Puza Gaming

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015
I'm building my new rig and for some reason i can't mount last screw since standoff on my case on that last one is bit tilted while every other hole is fit for screw........
cy038RJ.png

Solution
When installing a motherboard to case standoffs, the best approach is to start all screws a couple of turns, and leave them loose. When all screws have been started properly, give each one turn, then press on the front edge of the motherboard in such a way as to move the motherboard evenly toward the back of the case, while maintaining parallel between the back edge of the motherboard and the inner rear surface of the case.

From rear to front, tighten the middle MB mounting screws. Tighten the rest of the screws in side-to-side pairs, from rear to front.

If you can't get every single standoff to align with every hole, on a nine-hole motherboard, examine the possibility that the standoffs are improperly placed. If there are no...
What case and motherboard?

While you don't necessarily have to have all the screws in place, I wouldn't boot a motherboard with the possibility of the case stand touching bare motherboard. If you can't get that last stand to align with the hole in the motherboard, I would remove the stand.

Also, posting an actual picture would be helpful as well.

Mcleese902

Great
May 19, 2019
You likely just tightened them in the wrong order and too tight . Because of this your last hole isn't lined up properly . I suggest taking the screws out . Start again with the two.opposite diagonal corners and then the rest . I had a similar issuenthe other day and this fixed it .

When installing a motherboard to case standoffs, the best approach is to start all screws a couple of turns, and leave them loose. When all screws have been started properly, give each one turn, then press on the front edge of the motherboard in such a way as to move the motherboard evenly toward the back of the case, while maintaining parallel between the back edge of the motherboard and the inner rear surface of the case.

From rear to front, tighten the middle MB mounting screws. Tighten the rest of the screws in side-to-side pairs, from rear to front.

If you can't get every single standoff to align with every hole, on a nine-hole motherboard, examine the possibility that the standoffs are improperly placed. If there are no threaded standoff holes to allow for correct placement of all motherboard standoffs, seriously consider returning the case for replacement.

Non-proprietary motherboard mounting hole placement adhere to standards of location, and case manufacturers would do well to meet those standards.

Solution