Can't move mouse or type on windows start up

Dazzmound

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
I re downloaded windows 7 on my computer and it worked fine then I got from drivers off my disc for my board then it restarted and now when it comes to the login I can't do anything I can't type in my password or anything and when I got to the bios part of my computer it comes up with a a9 error on my board any help would be great thanks

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Have you tried a CMOS reset via the mobo jumper (directions in your manual) . Are you using a USB keyboard? If so may want to try with a basic PS2 keyboard or another keyboard - might also try in different USB ports...

Dazzmound

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013

I have tryed all USB slots I have not used a ps2 keyboard and I cannot get into bios either

Dazzmound

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013

I tryed the ps2 keyboard didn't work and I didn't want to do a CMOS reset incase it doesn't work but I thought if I have a old hard drive plug that in a primary hard drive start it up on that then have my one in I should be blue I access it on that deleate windows reinstall it and it should work shouldn't it

Dazzmound

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013

I tryed the ps2 keyboard didn't work and I didn't want to do a CMOS reset incase it doesn't work but I thought if I have a old hard drive plug that in a primary hard drive start it up on that then have my one in I should be blue I access it on that deleate windows reinstall it and it should work shouldn't it