[SOLVED] cant oc my cpu since add gpu to the system

Elad333k

Commendable
May 15, 2019
hello
i bought my pc with ryzen 3 2200g with apu in it i was able to overclock the cpu frequency from 3500mhz to 3850 mhz on bios without change anything on the voltate or soc volatage it was on stock 1.4v cpu voltage vsoc voltage 1.1 and it was run fine without any crashes
now i decide to upgrade my system and add real gpu to it i bought rx570 and since then i start have problem to overclock my cpu i have some bottleneck in some games like destiny 2 everytime i try overclock my cpu it crash before windows bot any1 know what this is hapenning there is any different to overclock this cpu with gpu in the system ?
motherboard : asus prime b450m-a
memory : gskill ripjaw 3200mhz cl16
psu:crosair 450w 80+ White VS450
Gpu:shappire pulse rx570 itx mini 4gb

Solution
Saphire recommends 500W PSU with this card.
You're running not the best model 450W PSU (which has only 408W on 12V rail) and you're overclocking. Overclocking increases power demand.

Without OC your PSU can support the system (just barely). With OC - not anymore.

Jorma04

Reputable
Nov 28, 2019
hello
i bought my pc with ryzen 3 2200g with apu in it i was able to overclock the cpu frequency from 3500mhz to 3850 mhz on bios without change anything on the voltate or soc volatage it was on stock 1.4v cpu voltage vsoc voltage 1.1 and it was run fine without any crashes
now i decide to upgrade my system and add real gpu to it i bought rx570 and since then i start have problem to overclock my cpu i have some bottleneck in some games like destiny 2 everytime i try overclock my cpu it crash before windows bot any1 know what this is hapenning there is any different to overclock this cpu with gpu in the system ?
motherboard : asus prime b450m-a
memory : gskill ripjaw 3200mhz cl16
psu:crosair 450w 80+ White VS450
Gpu:shappire pulse rx570 itx mini 4gb
Your PSU may not be good enough for a rx 570 it is quite a low quality/wattage PSU. Might want to change it anyways so i would change it.

Saphire recommends 500W PSU with this card.
You're running not the best model 450W PSU (which has only 408W on 12V rail) and you're overclocking. Overclocking increases power demand.

Without OC your PSU can support the system (just barely). With OC - not anymore.

Solution
recommended wattage is mostly to keep psu temperature down among other reasons
still his system should be eating max 250watts even with overclocking involved

as for cpu stability, that would be due to voltage differences, with using integrated gpu, mainboard probably provided more voltage to cpu than without it

Elad333k

Commendable
May 15, 2019
recommended wattage is mostly to keep psu temperature down among other reasons
still his system should be eating max 250watts even with overclocking involved

as for cpu stability, that would be due to voltage differences, with using integrated gpu, mainboard probably provided more voltage to cpu than without it
So what u suggest to do

Elad333k

Commendable
May 15, 2019
increase cpu voltage by a little bit, 10% increase is still safe
Cpu voltage now is 1.4 1.45 will be safe ?
Im with stock cooler aswell maybe its something about soc voltage does i need to increase it when i overclock cpu ? And overclock freqency of the cpu can help with this bottle necks or it wont do anything i dont want take a risk for nothing

Last edited: