Question Can't OC Ryzen 5 2600?

bdanning09

Prominent
Feb 27, 2019
Trying to learn how to overclock for the first time. When following guides, I run into a problem where in the BIOS my cpu core ratio is locked to auto. I just went through the process of updating my BIOS to the latest version because some others suggested that was the problem.

Ryzen 5 2600
ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
G.Skill TridentZ RGB 16GB 3200MHz
XFX Radeon RX 590 Fatboy

I had my memory overclocked to run at it's rated 3200MHz which helped with FPS in games a lot and because of my successes I thought I would considering trying to overclock my CPU to get even more performance. However, at this time, I have went back to default BIOS settings and my memory is back down to 2133MHz.

Any suggestions would be great, I am also going to open a support ticket with ASUS.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
So there are usually some settings you need to change before other settings will become available.

XMP memory settings is usually a big one, but most guides will walk you through each setting. It is only defaulting to auto because something is forcing it to auto, once that is off, it should work as before.

bdanning09

Prominent
Feb 27, 2019
Yeah, so when I change Ai Overclock Tuner to DOCP Standard or Manual the CPU Core Ratio is still locked to Auto.

I guess you just type the multiplier directly over the word Auto. Just weird that the box is grayed out.

Also, does it seem normal that I simply set my CPU to 4.0 and memory to 3200 and left everything else to auto, including voltage? I've run cinebench r15 and played a few games now and my temps are low, system seems very stable and im also on stock cooler might I add...

I've been afraid to learn how to overclock for 10 years, this seems WAY too easy like I did it wrong. lol