Question Can't open Boot Menu / UEFI / BIOS on Dell Latitude 5590

Jul 20, 2023
Hi,

I'm having issues with my DELL Latitude 5590, upon start up I try accessing the boot menu by pressing F10 + F12. "F12 Boot Options" appears in the upper right hand corner. Only for about a second though, then it disappears... Trying to access UEFI (F2) doesn't work either. Is there an other way to access Boot menu and boot from USB?

Thank you in advance.

Solution
You're able to boot into the OS GUI? If so, you can enter UEFI BIOS by holding down any SHIFT key on the keyboard, then reboot the laptop(from Start menu)>Troubleshoot>Advanced options>UEF Firmware settings>Restart. You should see the BIOS screen after the last command input.
After about 20 tries, it finally worked: I just pressed F10, and it brought me to the menu... very strange... Thank you though!

Lutfij

Titan
You're able to boot into the OS GUI? If so, you can enter UEFI BIOS by holding down any SHIFT key on the keyboard, then reboot the laptop(from Start menu)>Troubleshoot>Advanced options>UEF Firmware settings>Restart. You should see the BIOS screen after the last command input.

Jul 20, 2023
After about 20 tries, it finally worked: I just pressed F10, and it brought me to the menu... very strange... Thank you though!

Solution