Question Cant open brave browser in incognito after changing “target’ icon name in properties

ashtekaros

Reputable
Jan 29, 2019
i want BRAVE browser to always open in incognito mode. but after i change the icon name on properties, target , brave is unable to open.

name on TARGET is the following:

“C:\Program Files\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe” -incognito

or

“C:\Program Files\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe” --incognito

i use WINDOWS 10 PRO.

launcher icon Is on windows 8 compability mode. because some sites were not working without it.

my system currently is not in english. is this problem?

perhaps is some configuration or register thing ?

thanks.

Ralston18

Titan
What language is the system using?

Does the path work (Brave browser opens) with all that is shown but leaving out either "-incognito" or "--incognito"?

Do so to verify that the path to the application is correct and the browser opens. Even if not "incognito".

Try translating English "incognito" to your system language and put the translated word at the end.

ashtekaros

Reputable
Jan 29, 2019
system is on portuguese. brave is in eglish. "incognito" name is apparently the same in portuguese.

the path works only without incognito. including in the taskbar.

if i place BRAVE on the taskbar, it does not open when you right click and set to open on incognito (even without changing the path name).

incognito opens only when you open normally and after that open another window in incognito.

maybe it has something to do with the homepage (that was changed) or with an extension ?

Last edited: