Question Can't Open Certain .exe

Jul 28, 2019
Hi, for example i have two pretty much the same exe files. (except for the size) It's 2 patches for a game (first of 300mb, second of 6mb).
The first i can open, the second i cant due to 0xc000006 error. So if a program (mostly games) can't be opened because of 0xc000006 error i rename them to .bat and it sometimes helps. what could be the cause ?

Jul 28, 2019
What is the exact files?
what the exact error?
where did you get this exe from?

Ohh the title implies i am talking about one particular exe,
no, its many exe files but which one i can open and i which one can't seems totally random to me, the example i presented is the most mind boggling to me - because i could Not find any difference between those two files ( except for the obivous it's not the same file, you know what i mean . : -)
picture from google pictures, right clicked and "show picture in new window" http://windowsbulletin.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/0xc0000006-Error.jpg
my original post example is a modification for a game.
300mb of the main suppose 1.1 version of the mod
and the 6mb for 1.12v (lightly speaking)
my brother plays this game also and no problem, i think in this example any issues would be reported to creators.
but for example i was told to download diagnostical tool. which was .exe and it also could not be opened. ALSO those example mod files both work in safe boot.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019
could be malware/virus. scan those file.
again exact file name would help. help us help you.

full system spec?
there is no need to scan those files. it's not these two exes that are the problem.
these two files are example of many.it's not those files that are damaged or malfunctioning, it's somewhere in the depths of the pc.
system spec : win7 64bit, 4gb ram ,i5,asus.,7 years old.
..i ran chdsk and it says can't finish. i tried windows repair tool,i tried many anti-malwares, registry cleaners, tried manually to clean of old or suspicious files, i also tried to stop services i thought are bad. i tried pretty much all i am capable of. still no luck.
would recording a video with problem help?