Can't open drive after ejecting from Mac with NTFS-3G

Diaz1999

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016
OK so, I have this Transcend External Drive which originally formatted as FAT32, then one day I formatted it into NTFS on Windows. Thereafter I recently know that my Mac can't write NTFS. Shortly then 2 days ago I installed FUSE's NTFS-3G and started using it. Last night, when I finished copying Sherlock series into my Mac I accidentally ejected it without unmounting first. Now when I insert my Transcend into Windows it shows only Local Disk :F without any info and hangs when I try to open it.
Strangely when I insert it into my Mac it's there, all files displayed, I can read/copy files into my Mac but when I try to write/delete something it says:
The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “something.smg” can’t be read or written.
(Error code -36)
Any thoughts? Please help.

Sorry if I posted in wrong forum, I'm new here and really don't know what to do despite I know Windows quite good but nothing about Mac. Also it's Windows 8.1 if that's needed.

Thanks.

Solution
Copy all the files on the drive back into the mac.
Use the PC to delete the existing partitions and the re-partition and fully format the drive. (The larger the drive, the longer a full format takes)
Eject the drive and reconnect it to the mac where you can reload those files.

lastly, let this be an eye-opener for you that you should always have a backup for important file and that a backup is an extra copy, not an only copy. Many people make the mistake of having their important files only on an external drive and then they drop it , or forget to eject it, or it just breaks and they lose it all...

popatim

Titan
Copy all the files on the drive back into the mac.
Use the PC to delete the existing partitions and the re-partition and fully format the drive. (The larger the drive, the longer a full format takes)
Eject the drive and reconnect it to the mac where you can reload those files.

lastly, let this be an eye-opener for you that you should always have a backup for important file and that a backup is an extra copy, not an only copy. Many people make the mistake of having their important files only on an external drive and then they drop it , or forget to eject it, or it just breaks and they lose it all...

Solution