Can't open files

jcoolj59

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
I can't open my files in windows 7. every time I try I get the dialog box and nothings opening my .exe files, adobe flash, Saspyware, etc. I downloaded a file opener and I can't open it. Whats going on? This does not include my .jpg or my .pdf files

Solution
There are some malware/viruses that can cause such things to happen. I recommend a full malware and anti-virus scan on this rig. A good app for malware is Malwarebytes. See below for where to get it. Install, update, and perform a full scan. Delete all the program finds.

www.malwarebytes.org (the free version will meet most users' needs)

Barhumbug

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
You can't 'open' .exe files. They are program command files (WORd.exe, iTunes.exe, etc). Double-clicking them should run the programs - the list of programs your START menu are simply links to these .exe files.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
There are some malware/viruses that can cause such things to happen. I recommend a full malware and anti-virus scan on this rig. A good app for malware is Malwarebytes. See below for where to get it. Install, update, and perform a full scan. Delete all the program finds.

www.malwarebytes.org (the free version will meet most users' needs)

Solution