Question Cant open Nvidia Control Panel. Is the gpu dead?

Jun 9, 2021
I cant open Nvidia Control Panel.(Exception code: 0xc0000409)
GPU-Z only NOT showing Memory size, Bandwith and Bus width.
When i try to use the gpu it cause infinity blue screen loop with error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133).
I have tried absolutely everything and dont have success.
Every component on the laptop is tested and pass all kinds of tests.
Do i need to buy a new gpu or i am missing something.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Considering that this is a laptop, can you parse the make and model of the laptop? An SKU will help us identify the specs of the laptop better. As for the issue with your GPU, can you recall when the issue cropped up? As for buying a new GPU, that would depend on your laptop's make and model. Pretty much all laptops out there have the GPU soldered to the motherboard.

Jun 9, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Considering that this is a laptop, can you parse the make and model of the laptop? An SKU will help us identify the specs of the laptop better. As for the issue with your GPU, can you recall when the issue cropped up? As for buying a new GPU, that would depend on your laptop's make and model. Pretty much all laptops out there have the GPU soldered to the motherboard.

Thanks for the warm welcome,

My problem first appeared 2-3 months ago but it went away on its own. (The computer restarted, and when I turned it on in the morning I had no problem.)
Now the gpu is just recognised and nothing more. Cant use it. Dont give me the option to use it.
Now i am using the integrated gpu.
When i stop the integrated gpu and computer freeze and cause infinity blue screen loop with error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

My gpu is not soldered to the motherboard. Can be removed.