Question Cant open NVIDIA Control Panel

Feb 28, 2019
I had a problem with a graphics drivers, and generally nvidia graphics, dont know why. Like my laptop is pretty old, maybe its because of that, but still its kinda strange. My friend told me about Geforce Experience and Ive never used it till the other day.. My gpu is GT 720M and Im having trouble with finding drivers for her. Like Geforce Experience wont find me a new driver, and my driver was like 388. something, today the newest is 419 or something... LOL. And I completly lost it and deleted a driver, that was the biggest mistake, now I cant even manualy install the driver... Like on my device manager, or task manager in performance, my laptop isnt reading the graphic card I got. Its broken, or its driverless(and it is), Right? Again, did try to install manualy some lower drivers, like 404, or something like that but I cant.. Can my laptop even have bigger driver than 300 driver series.. I dont even care, I just need one...

can someone help me to install driver on my GPU because I cant find a solution except to reinstall complete windows and pray for the best

MAJOR EDIT: I fixed it believe it or not, friend found some "stupid" thing on internet that actually worked XD like go to device manager-find Other Devices and find them with yellow sign on it and press Unistall, you gotta restart pc and it will fix it for you.. windows.. If someone comes across this stupid problem..

Now I gotta ask 1 more thing? i mentioned it above I think, im too lazy to read it again, but can i update a graphic driver in g. experience or even manually, and should I? Because it just wont download.. It says, This NVIDIA driver is not compactible with this windows, and some other thing.. and I guessed I should update windows, I did it, but still...

Last edited:
It will be helpful to know the laptop model.
Which OS does it have?
You might need to download and install the latest drivers from the laptop manufacturer's website.

In some cases running DDU in safe mode to remove old corrupted drivers, then rebooting and installing the drivers for your GPU might work.

Yes, you can use NVIDIA to update your drivers or you could manually install them. Of course you need compatible drives for your GPU.
Download the latest driver for your OS from Microsoft website.

Download and run DDU in safe mode, to remove old or corrupted drivers then reboot.
Install the drivers for your GPU.

Advice: If your system is working as intended... then don't mess with its drivers.