Can't open some HTTPS sites... used to work , not anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosco5050

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017
Running XP Pro Sp3 and IE7 .. can't access some HTTPS sites. I tried every fix I could find even wiping all info from IE7 and everything on this this answer page. including regsvr32 softpub.dll

I am able to reach my banks SSL site.. but not this one..

Site is https://www.ed2go.com/career/student-login

They say it woks best on older IE .. I have been able to use W10 IE 11 on a lap top but not comfortable using lap top .. need bigger screen ..
While it opens in both CHROME and FIREFOX , it doesn't operate properly so i cannot use thsoe browsers

Any ideas to fix ??

Solution

If you cannot use IE7 to access the site it definitely appears to be a problem with the site not allowing anything less than TLS 1.1. Internet...

mwryder55

Distinguished
If you turn off SSL in Chrome and only use TLS 1.1 and above does that fix the problem. Because of the Payment Card Industry regulations no version of SSL is allowed and even early versions of TLS are not allowed to be used.

Bosco5050

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017

I cannot use CHROME to access this website.. doesn't work at all .. the issue is it won't work in IE 7 ..
I checked the advanced setting in IE11 (where it does work on a lap top ) tried everything, flushed all the settings in IE7 and started fresh with a new download.. nothing works

Windows XP won't let me download 9 -10 -or 11 ..

any other siggestions?

mwryder55

Distinguished

If you cannot use IE7 to access the site it definitely appears to be a problem with the site not allowing anything less than TLS 1.1. Internet Explorer only supports up to TLS 1.0 which is Not Payment Card Industry permissible.
With Firefox did you try to set the minimum TLS level to 1 and the maximum to 3 to see if that would work?

Solution

Bosco5050

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017
Firefox 43 supports TLS 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 by default.

Mozilla says I can go to "about:config " but not to screw around :pt1cable:

If is set to 1 minimum 3 max so that is not the issue ..
Firefox said I needed a plug in to make a page work , I did that , the page opens but the pop up copy does not load..

Status
Not open for further replies.