Can't open start menu nor can i right click taskbar icons, help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phunyyy

Reputable
Aug 31, 2015
I tried the powershell command, but it did not work. Is there any quick fixes to this? I'm not ever good with OS related problems!

Also, I can't use cortana, so I am guessing this is definitely an OS related problem.

Solution
Try creating a new user account, and opening the apps there. If you can open the start menu and apps from the new account, then your current account is possibly corrupt, and you should migrate your data into the new account. If nothing works, try the following commands in an elevated command prompt: "sfc /scannow" and "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth".

If none of these methods work, try a Reset this PC operation to restore Windows 10 to a fresh install state without loss of data.

Slashgeek

Admirable
Try creating a new user account, and opening the apps there. If you can open the start menu and apps from the new account, then your current account is possibly corrupt, and you should migrate your data into the new account. If nothing works, try the following commands in an elevated command prompt: "sfc /scannow" and "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth".

If none of these methods work, try a Reset this PC operation to restore Windows 10 to a fresh install state without loss of data.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.