Odisra

Prominent
Oct 10, 2020
I am trying to help a colleague set up his Corsair 16GB CL16 3200 RAM. I activated the XMP profile in BIOS, but Task Manager still sees the RAM as only 2133.

I also tried to manually set up the 3200 frequency, 1.35V and appropriate timings, but no success. In fact, his BIOS (Asus B560M-A) doesn't even let you mess around with timings unless you activate the XMP profile to begin with.

The SPD tab of CPU-Z does say for both slots (A2 with B2) that they're running at 1600MHz though. So...are they actually working but Task Manager is being stupid?

Thanks for the help!

Solution
I would rather trust 3rd party tools than anything Microsoft releases into the wild tbh...
So if HWInfo and/or CPU-Z say it's 3200MHz, then it's 3200MHz.
I am trying to help a colleague set up his Corsair 16GB CL16 3200 RAM. I activated the XMP profile in BIOS, but Task Manager still sees the RAM as only 2133.

I also tried to manually set up the 3200 frequency, 1.35V and appropriate timings, but no success. In fact, his BIOS (Asus B560M-A) doesn't even let you mess around with timings unless you activate the XMP profile to begin with.

The SPD tab of CPU-Z does say for both slots (A2 with B2) that they're running at 1600MHz though. So...are they actually working but Task Manager is being stupid?

Thanks for the help!
Yes. stupid Task manager often gets it wrong specially when Windows are installed using different speed.