[SOLVED] Can't overclock above 2133MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaplo08

Prominent
Aug 19, 2018
Hi

So basically I was cleaning my pc inside from dust, nothing special. When I was done I tried to just power pc and see if it works correctely. Suddenly 2 LED lamps were blinking(long DRAM, short CPU). And pc didn't respond. It seemd like pc blocked all the outside USB, HDMI ports. So I decided to unplug all of them. Didn't work neither. After a little fight I just waited like 15 minutes and it just started and blackscreen appeared with information that all my settings were reset to default values. And the previous overclock setting have failed. So I went to BIOS and saw that my memory was at 2133MHz. So I decided to make it to overclock to normal values. Back to 3200MHz. After that there was no problem. When I was gaming for like 30 minutes my screem freezed and my fans from CPU and GPU slowed down. I decided to turn off the power strip. And again same issue but now my pc was starting and immediately turning off again and again. I did the same thing, I unplugged ports and waited 15 minutes, and the same thing back to 2133MHz.

Does someone know how to solve it or how to overclock this memory?
My components:
I5-8600K - Not overclocked
NZXT Kraken 62x
MSI Z370 Tomahawk
Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super Aorus -Not overclocked
G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz 16GBx2
Crucial MX500
Tosiba P300
Seasonic Focus Plus 750W 80+Gold

Thanks for any help!

EDIT:
I fixed it. I just reset CMOS.