Reputable
May 7, 2017
Hey guys i have a new system :
Ryzen 5 3600
Asrock b450M steel legend
16gb adata d30 3000mhz
650W gold rated psu
500gb pcie ssd
and a GTX 1050ti which draws power from the motherboard.
I am getting whea uncorrectable error whenever i overclock my cpu and ram.
I know the error is due to overclocking but i want to overclock my system, so is there any way i can bypass that error and is this happening becasue of my graphics card as it draws power from my motherboard.
Thanking you in advance for your help.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Depends on what WHEA error you are getting. The dump file would be useful here to check the parameters:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nclude-in-blue-screen-of-death-posts.3468965/

But there is no simple "bypass" as the WHEA is simply a hardware error, that your hardware is behaving in a way that it shouldn't So it could be that your components are not good overclockers. Also depends on how you are overclocking them. and also on your PSU make and model.

is this happening becasue of my graphics card as it draws power from my motherboard.
See above about the dump file.

If you are getting that error you are probably putting in wrong settings in the overclock changes or trying too much of an overclock. Keep trying to to this with crashes can lead to hardware failure. Since you think this may be coming from the fact you have a video card, you would not have much experience with overclocking. Read a bit on how to overclock on your motherboard, start with a little at a time and see how things go.

If you have all the power connected to the motherboard properly and you have a good power supply the video card would not affect anything.

Or just run the system at stock speeds. A working system is always better than a broken one with a faster CPU clock.

Chaitanyamd

Reputable
May 7, 2017
Depends on what WHEA error you are getting. The dump file would be useful here to check the parameters:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nclude-in-blue-screen-of-death-posts.3468965/

But there is no simple "bypass" as the WHEA is simply a hardware error, that your hardware is behaving in a way that it shouldn't So it could be that your components are not good overclockers. Also depends on how you are overclocking them. and also on your PSU make and model.

Can you tell me how to share the file. Moreover its a .dmp and i cant view it.
I have a corsair tx650m gold rated psu

Chaitanyamd

Reputable
May 7, 2017

This is what i got from opening it:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.18362.1 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\minidump\072119-5953-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: srv*
Executable search path is:
Windows 10 Kernel Version 18362 MP (12 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 18362.1.amd64fre.19h1_release.190318-1202
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff8061ec00000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff8061f0432f0
Debug session time: Sun Jul 21 12:40:37.846 2019 (UTC + 5:30)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:46:57.478
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
For analysis of this file, run !analyze -v

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, PCI Express Error
Arg2: ffffae0ced7ac488, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Post it onto Google Drive for example and post the link here to the dump file.
You're getting a WHEA 4 - which as it shows there is a PCI Express Error. So the error is likely due to your graphics card.

How are you overclocking it?
What make and model PSU do you have?

Chaitanyamd

Reputable
May 7, 2017
Post it onto Google Drive for example and post the link here to the dump file.
You're getting a WHEA 4 - which as it shows there is a PCI Express Error. So the error is likely due to your graphics card.

How are you overclocking it?
What make and model PSU do you have?
thanks man i bought a used one gonna replace it now.

Chaitanyamd

Reputable
May 7, 2017
Hell of a jump my friend!
PCI Express error doesn't necessarily mean the GPU itself is faulty, just that's where the stop error is occurring. A new GPU will identify if it is in fact the GPU though.
Will test the new GPU and will search for one which draws power directly from the PSU. I will let you know the results.