Can't overclock enough

AfterFX2

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016
Hello. As the title says I want to overclock but I can with a small amount. My 800MHz DDR2 RAMs are working at 667 (while FSB is 333) and it limits me to only OC to 340MHz. After that, system doesn't boot up.

Specs: MSI G31TM-P35
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz (I'm running at 2.55 now, it's something)
2x2 Kingston 800MHz DDR2 RAMs.

Thanks.

Solution
Ooo nice old school FSB overclocking. Anyways when you raise the FSB to a certain level, the stock voltages aren't enough. Since it overclocks your whole entire system, including PCIE bus, NB, and SATA, and ram and CPU all at once, you will need to slightly decrease them clocks and add a very slight voltage increase. Then you will be able to increase FSB further.
Why it wot boot up is due to insufficient voltage. Add a very slight increase in voltage, might want a small clock decrease, and then increase FSB. Try that.

Ryan_78

Honorable
Ooo nice old school FSB overclocking. Anyways when you raise the FSB to a certain level, the stock voltages aren't enough. Since it overclocks your whole entire system, including PCIE bus, NB, and SATA, and ram and CPU all at once, you will need to slightly decrease them clocks and add a very slight voltage increase. Then you will be able to increase FSB further.
Why it wot boot up is due to insufficient voltage. Add a very slight increase in voltage, might want a small clock decrease, and then increase FSB. Try that.

Solution

AfterFX2

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016

I've never overclocked before and I don't know anything about clocks sooo yeah. Also can I damage any of my pc parts if I OC?

AfterFX2

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016

Well, I've been using it at 340MHz which makes it 2.55 from 2.5. It's something, it helped a bit and it was worth it. Nothing happened since this morning.

By the way, I have no acceces (sorry if I spelt that wrong) to voltages anyways.