Can't pin a program to Start Menu

When I right click on a program (Start button, All
Programs) I'm supposed to see a menu offering, among
other options, Pin to Start Menu. I get a menu, but it
doesn't offer that, or Send To, or Create a Shortcut.
This is a new computer that came with XP Home. It's been
configured for multiple users. Any advice?

This is how you do it:

Customize the Start Menu Using Windows XP:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/getstarted/startmenu.mspx

If the option is still missing, login as Admin and type regsvr32 /i shell32
in Start/Run dialog.

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k