Can't play any multiplayer games but I can use the internet for browsing

May 23, 2018
From Monday to Friday 6AM - 8PM I can't play any game but I can browse the internet and usually receive a message that my NAT is Strict. But on weekends my connection is fine and working for both gaming and surfing.

Things I've tried:
-UPNP
-Port Forwarding
-Disabling Router and Windows Firewall
-Clean installing OS
-Safe boot
-Re plugging Cables
-Changing IP (I contacted my ISP to do that)
-Resetting my Router
-Also, a technician went to my place to check but they also doesn't know the answer/solution.

My router is: ZyXEL (AMG1302-T10AD)

Solution

I would not use a so called "free" vpn they tend to install crap to do things like force ads on you. There are a bunch or reputable vpn providers, for less than $10 you can get a month of service. If it works then you likely will have to subscribe and if it doesn't then you are out very little money. PIA and NORDVPN are 2 very popular ones. Some have a...
If the restriction is time of day based then someone has intentionally limited it to that. Some kind of bug would have random times.

This is normally done on the router but if you have not set it I don't know. It could be on your pc also but again someone would have to have loaded software to limit it.

The other would be your ISP is limiting you but it is not common since games use much less bandwidth than say netflix. You could pay a vpn service for a month for about $5-$10. That would get you past any ISP restriction.

May 23, 2018

Is it possible that this could be a virus? I scanned my PC with windows defender (Full scan) and I have no red flags. May I know what are those software I should be looking for? Or if how am I going to find one in my computer. I really want to get rid of this problem.

What purpose would a virus have limiting your usage to certain times of day nobody would spend their time writing that.

It is more something like parental control software that was intentionally installed. Maybe windows firewall has some restrictions you can set but again it would have to have been manually done it is not something that is default.

May 23, 2018

Well that's weird. I'm the only one who's using my desktop and like I said earlier this is a freshly installed OS which means I tried to reformat already. Only one account is registered to this computer which is an Administrator account and only I have access to that.

May 23, 2018

I am pretty sure it's time-gated since I have this problem for over a month now to be honest. Will try VPN and see if how it works. What VPN software can you suggest like something free?

I would not use a so called "free" vpn they tend to install crap to do things like force ads on you. There are a bunch or reputable vpn providers, for less than $10 you can get a month of service. If it works then you likely will have to subscribe and if it doesn't then you are out very little money. PIA and NORDVPN are 2 very popular ones. Some have a money back guarantee if you cancel within like 7 days.

The key to selecting a vpn is going to be find a vpn provider that has low latency to one of there data centers from your house. Does little good to use some great vpn provider if the nearest data center is 1000 miles away.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS