Cant play cs:go

qwertyu8

Honorable
May 26, 2012
everytime time i start the game from steam it go to a black screen. the only way to get in is to cntrl alt delt back to desktop then click on cs icon in the task back. then when i go to play an online match it closes out back to steam and says. error game is already running. wtf! it doesnt happen every time though. like 1/10 it will work. i have reinstalled steam completely and the game to. i have win 8 and i feel like that could be the problem. any guesses or advice?

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011

The only answer is that you have some prejudice issues towards 8. Let me tell you this, Windows 8 is 100% fully compatible with Windows 7 certified software (minus some of the drivers obviously)

@OP: Go to your Steam library, right click on CS:GO>Properties>Set launch options and then type in:
-window

If this doesn't work then you should update your graphics drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-306.97-whql-driver.html => (I assumed you've got 64-bit Windows since you've got 16GB of RAM)

qwertyu8

Honorable
May 26, 2012
no for the first option and i have a beta nvidea driver. 310.67. im downloading the 306.97 right now and ill tell you if that helped. i just got one match of cs:go before it said game stopped running bs

Hi :)

I sell both 7 and 8 in my shops...

The only prejudice I have against 8 (apart from its general awfulness -IMHO) is the number of people coming into my shops with 8 AND GAMING PROBLEMS...

If you seriously think it hasn't any then just search this Forum...

All the best Brett :)

qwertyu8

Honorable
May 26, 2012
hey, dont be fighting about OS'es. not on this thread at least. there both good. here is a pic of what it says when i get kicked out of cs:go...
5ez411.png

qwertyu8

Honorable
May 26, 2012
it will sometimes say this or a windows message will pop up and say program stopped running, or sometimes nothing at all. i would upload a video of this but win8 inst compatible with fraps on recording desktop yet.