drummerboy

I have a Geforce FX5200 video card and when I try to play Forsaken which I
haven't done with this new Card yet it crashes when the game is loading up.
Any ideas on how to get around this?

"Drummerboy" <stevewicks"nospam"@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> I have a Geforce FX5200 video card and when I try to play Forsaken which I
> haven't done with this new Card yet it crashes when the game is loading
up.
> Any ideas on how to get around this?

What OS?

I have a game of the same era- G-Police- which runs fine on my card in Win
XP by changing the compatibility mode. Look in Windows Help for more
details.

--
- Martin Francis

"Two hundred channels, and nothing but cats"
- Jasper

Well, the game is ANCIENT.

"Drummerboy" <stevewicks"nospam"@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> I have a Geforce FX5200 video card and when I try to play Forsaken which I
> haven't done with this new Card yet it crashes when the game is loading
up.
> Any ideas on how to get around this?

drummerboy

So am I.

"Kai Robinson" <kai.robinsonSPAM@tiscali.fr> wrote in message
> Well, the game is ANCIENT.
>

> "Drummerboy" <stevewicks"nospam"@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > I have a Geforce FX5200 video card and when I try to play Forsaken which
> > haven't done with this new Card yet it crashes when the game is loading
> up.
> > Any ideas on how to get around this?

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

lol

DaveL

> So am I.
>

> "Kai Robinson" <kai.robinsonSPAM@tiscali.fr> wrote in message
> > Well, the game is ANCIENT.
> >

> > "Drummerboy" <stevewicks"nospam"@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > > I have a Geforce FX5200 video card and when I try to play Forsaken
which
> > > haven't done with this new Card yet it crashes when the game is
> > up.
> > > Any ideas on how to get around this?

drummerboy

W98

"Martin Francis" <removethisbeforeyoureplytoMcsalty@btinternet.com> wrote in
message news:c56q8k$pe2$1@titan.btinternet.com...

> W98

Checked see if (IIRC) Acclaim have a newer patch available?

Does it run in software render mode?

--

message news:c57dml$8p1$1@sparta.btinternet.com...
> "Drummerboy" <stevewicks"nospam"@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > W98
>
> Checked see if (IIRC) Acclaim have a newer patch available?
>
> Does it run in software render mode?

Quick Google (ignoring references to Metal)

http://www.acclaim.com/games/forsaken/forsakenFAQ.html

--
- Martin Francis

"Two hundred channels, and nothing but cats"
- Jasper

You got your Space Orb 360 hooked up? I think I got the game with the
controller. Great colors.

Drummerboy" <stevewicks"nospam wrote:
> I have a Geforce FX5200 video card and when I try to play Forsaken
> which I haven't done with this new Card yet it crashes when the game
> is loading up. Any ideas on how to get around this?

drummerboy

Thanks for the link.
It sorted me out.

"Martin Francis" <removethisbeforeyoureplytoMcsalty@btinternet.com> wrote in
message news:c57dsp$5u6$1@titan.btinternet.com...
> "Martin Francis" <removethisbeforeyoureplytoMcsalty@btinternet.com> wrote
in
> message news:c57dml$8p1$1@sparta.btinternet.com...
> > "Drummerboy" <stevewicks"nospam"@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > > W98
> >
> > Checked see if (IIRC) Acclaim have a newer patch available?
> >
> > Does it run in software render mode?
>
> Quick Google (ignoring references to Metal)
>
> http://www.acclaim.com/games/forsaken/forsakenFAQ.html
>
> --
> - Martin Francis
>
> "Two hundred channels, and nothing but cats"
> - Jasper

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 16:10:08 +0100, "Drummerboy"
<stevewicks"nospam"@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>I have a Geforce FX5200 video card and when I try to play Forsaken which I
>haven't done with this new Card yet it crashes when the game is loading up.
>Any ideas on how to get around this?

Sorry I cant help you... but I was just talking with a friend about
that OLD game a few days ago... how it has TONS of eyecandy back in
its day... for our old Voodoo1 cards. It was amazing. ;)

Try another driver version...

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!