Elvin-Jacob

Honorable
Sep 8, 2014
I can't play GTA online with my friends, It's always showing that I have a strict NAT, I tried changing my routers NAT type to type 1,2,3,4. Nothing worked... How will I fix this I tried everything I could

Solution
@Elvin-Jacob
Since you have control of your router, you do what's called port forwarding. This will instruct the router to pass data intended for your game to the device you are playing on. Portforward.com gives some instructions on how to do this (they would rather sell you software that does it for you, but they also have instructions). You may also need to use your router's owner's guide.

One thing to watch for, a router behind a router. This is when your ISP has given you a router and then you use your own router after that (for WiFi, for example). In this case, you have to setup the port forwarding on both routers.
NAT type has to do with passing information on different ports. While you are able to control your own router, there are internet providers that block certain ports.

1. Do you have control over the router (firewall) that provides service to your location?
  2. Are you using an ISP that blocks some ports (cellular is the most common, but there are others)?

Elvin-Jacob

Honorable
Sep 8, 2014
NAT type has to do with passing information on different ports. While you are able to control your own router, there are internet providers that block certain ports.

1. Do you have control over the router (firewall) that provides service to your location?
  2. Are you using an ISP that blocks some ports (cellular is the most common, but there are others)?
  1. Yes I guess,
  2. Not sure, I think they don't

@Elvin-Jacob
Since you have control of your router, you do what's called port forwarding. This will instruct the router to pass data intended for your game to the device you are playing on. Portforward.com gives some instructions on how to do this (they would rather sell you software that does it for you, but they also have instructions). You may also need to use your router's owner's guide.

One thing to watch for, a router behind a router. This is when your ISP has given you a router and then you use your own router after that (for WiFi, for example). In this case, you have to setup the port forwarding on both routers.

Solution