[SOLVED] Can't POST with my IGPU?

Dec 8, 2020
Hey guys, its my first time building a gaming Pc and im having some trouble with my test bench

Im getting booth of my QLEDS to display BOOT + VGA, but i dont have any graphics Card at the moment, can't i first time Boot my system with my IGPu? Do i need a DGPU to POST?

Test bench Photos: View: https://imgur.com/a/dDFH6I0

Thanks.
My PC Specs:
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-10600K 4.1 GHz 6-Core Processor (Purchased For $304.00)
CPU Cooler: ID-COOLING FROSTFLOW X 360 74.5 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (Purchased For $96.00)
Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 1 g Thermal Paste (Purchased For $11.00)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (WI-FI) Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard (Purchased For $307.00)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory (Purchased For $122.90)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mesh w/ Controller ATX Mid Tower Case (Purchased For $141.00)
Power Supply: ADATA XPG CORE Reactor 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (Purchased For $132.00)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit (Purchased For $0.00)
Mouse: Logitech G203 Lightsync Wired Optical Mouse (Purchased For $22.00)
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Core Headset (Purchased For $0.00)
Custom: SSD KingDian 1 Terabyte (Purchased For $104.28)
Custom: Monitor Ozone 144hz 24.5" (Purchased For $271.00)
Custom: Multilaster TC222 Semi Mechanical Keyboard (Purchased For $25.00)
Total: $1536.18
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-07-24 00:10 EDT-0400

Solution
Cpu has integrated graphics so should post without dgpu. Dgpu led doesn't necessarily mean an error, just it hasn't detected one. The boot drive led might be the reason though. Try boot without it and try in 2nd m2 slot.

Check monitor too, plug connection, correct input channel and try another cable.

You do own 10600k, not 10600kf version? F model doesn't have igpu.
Hey guys, its my first time building a gaming Pc and im having some trouble with my test bench

Im getting booth of my QLEDS to display BOOT + VGA, but i dont have any graphics Card at the moment, can't i first time Boot my system with my IGPu? Do i need a DGPU to POST?
If you get any kind of display than that is coming from your igpu since you don't have anything else.
It should be able to get into windows at which time it will search and install drivers for the igpu and give you better graphics.

Dec 8, 2020
If you get any kind of display than that is coming from your igpu since you don't have anything else.
It should be able to get into windows at which time it will search and install drivers for the igpu and give you better graphics.

Unfortunatelly im not getting any display...
It gets the Green POST Qled but nothing on the display, after that the white VGA led appears and stays on... im not sure what to do since i dont have any gpu, i was sure that i could POST without one...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Cpu has integrated graphics so should post without dgpu. Dgpu led doesn't necessarily mean an error, just it hasn't detected one. The boot drive led might be the reason though. Try boot without it and try in 2nd m2 slot.

Check monitor too, plug connection, correct input channel and try another cable.

Solution
Dec 8, 2020

So after almost 2hours of troubleshoting i found the culprit, i was using the DP port so i tried the HDMI one and it posted to bios! Aparently you cant use the DP port on First Time Boot... anyway thanks everyone for the help!