Can't press one key when pressing multiple keys at the time.

Nettflix

Reputable
Jan 26, 2016
I have the "Pluscom gamer" keyobard, got it for really cheap and started coming back to a game I played a while back.
The game requires holding down W and Spacebar most of the time and switching hotbars with 1-9 keys at the top.
When I hold down W+Spacebar, I can click any key I want BUT "4" and "4" is the one key I need to use a lot and it really triggers me when I get cucked because other slots are uncomfortable and affect my gameplay by a lot.
Is there any way I can my "4" key to work so that I can press W+SPACEBAR+4 ? I can do W+SPACEBAR+(any key on the keyobard except 4) if you have any fix please help

Im sorry for my horrible formatting

Solution
It's unfortunately due to something called keyboard rollover. Budget keyboards often use the classic 2-key rollover layout, as it's cheaper to build. I can't find any info on your specific keyboard whether it supports more advanced rollover settings, like 6-key or full n-key. Check the box and manual if there's any mention of enabling disabling a function like this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollover_%28key%29

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
It's unfortunately due to something called keyboard rollover. Budget keyboards often use the classic 2-key rollover layout, as it's cheaper to build. I can't find any info on your specific keyboard whether it supports more advanced rollover settings, like 6-key or full n-key. Check the box and manual if there's any mention of enabling disabling a function like this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollover_%28key%29

Solution

InvalidError

Titan
Most keyboards detect which keys are pressed by scanning a contact matrix and which key combinations can be detected depends on how the keys are distributed across the array. Some keyboards have better distribution or split the entire matrix into multiple separate arrays to achieve more concurrent detections which is frequently called "N-key roll-over" in gaming keyboard reviews. Reviews only test a subset of all possible key combinations, it is entirely possible that some combinations may have limitations unless the manufacturer explicitly guarantees performance across all possible combinations.

If the keys work fine individually, then it sounds like it is simply down to your keyboard's matrix not being able to handle that particular combination and the only 'fix' is to get a different keyboard.