Question Can't print to HP printer over wifi, but can using ethernet

May 3, 2022
I have 2 desktops that are connected to a TPLink router. The HP 8620 printer is connected wirelessly to the router. I can submit print requests from both desktops and the HP printer works. If I try to setup a new printer from any laptop (Dell 7610, Asus V550C or HP Probook 450) the setup process on Win 10 (or win 11 for the Dell) does not find the printer on the network. I have made sure that the laptops are on the same B24 network that I set the wireless connection of the printer on to. If I try and ping the IP address of the printer (192.168.1.101) I can get a response from a desktop, but the laptops will get a "Destination host unreachable" error message.
Any ideas as I'm completely stumped. I've tried disabling the windows firewall and ensured the laptops have file and print sharing enabled.
Any help welcome!! thanks

kanewolf

Titan
I have 2 desktops that are connected to a TPLink router. The HP 8620 printer is connected wirelessly to the router. I can submit print requests from both desktops and the HP printer works. If I try to setup a new printer from any laptop (Dell 7610, Asus V550C or HP Probook 450) the setup process on Win 10 (or win 11 for the Dell) does not find the printer on the network. I have made sure that the laptops are on the same B24 network that I set the wireless connection of the printer on to. If I try and ping the IP address of the printer (192.168.1.101) I can get a response from a desktop, but the laptops will get a "Destination host unreachable" error message.
Any ideas as I'm completely stumped. I've tried disabling the windows firewall and ensured the laptops have file and print sharing enabled.
Any help welcome!! thanks
There may be an option on your router that isolates devices from each other on WIFI.
What model TP Link router do you have ?

May 3, 2022
I looked into that and saw the AP isolation entry but this was switched off anyway.
I've now just tried the "switch the router off and on again" routine and it's now working ok for all the laptops and I'm able to print again!
No idea why and I've spent ages trying to resolve it, but I guess I should try the obvious more often!!
Thanks for replying though kanewolf - much appreciated