Question Can't project to miracast enabled tablet from PC.

May 14, 2019
I'm trying to use a Samsung Galaxy Book 12 as an extended display from my PC. Both run Windows 12 and are Miracast-enabled.

In the tablet's "Projecting to this PC" settings, I have "Available everywhere", "First time only" and "Require PIN for pairing".

Running netsh wlan show drivers returns Wireless Display Supported: Yes (Graphics Driver: Yes, Wi-Fi Driver: Yes) on both.

NDIS version on the tablet's WiFi adapter is 6.5, on the PC's WiFi adapter is 6.5 and on the PC's Ethernet adapter is 6.4.

dxdiag reports Miracast: Available, with HDCP on both.

The PC driver is using WDDM 2.4 and the tablet driver using WDDM 2.1

I'm unable to get the tablet to show up in the connect dialog on the PC whatsoever. I have tried every combination of network connection I can think of - both on 5Ghz, both on 2.4Ghz, PC on LAN and tablet on 2.4Ghz, etc.

I've reinstalled network and graphics drivers, reinstalled updates, let WUFDHost through the firewall and every other thing I could find to make miracast work online and now I'm just at a loss.

Edit: Also worth noting that despite several miracast devices existing on my network, none of them show up as available in the Connect dialog on either PC.

Last edited: