Question Can't properly install GPU drivers ?

Jul 14, 2022
Please keep it to 1 thread.
Hi guys. Recently I replaced a few parts in my PC:

• New mobo as my old one had a dead ram slot,
  • New SSD as my old one did not have a dram cache,
  • New cooler, for cooling reasons.
After I changed the motherboard I immediately started experiencing weird graphical issues. First, the display on my monitors was just not showing up. I had to fiddle with the wires and restart a couple times before it actually showed up. As soon as I got video output, I started work on transferring files to the cloud and then installed Windows on the new drive.

After installing Windows and completely cleaning the drive, I continued to have the graphic issues. this time the resolution was all wonky and I could not change anything in the display options, along with the previous one monitor bug. I thought it was driver issues and I also had to install drivers anyways with the new motherboard so I installed the drivers.
The usual 5-10 second black screen and flashing was a much longer 3+ minute black screen with audio going crazy (I was watching a video while installing the drivers).

Anyways this was a few days ago. at this point I have reinstalled windows multiple times, used DDU to fully uninstall my drivers. Still experiencing these issues. Currently my pc is stuck on a black screen when doing the most recent reinstallation of Windows, and freezing after installing the default graphics drivers during the initial setup.

other important information:

Components
Asus b450i Strix replaced with AsRock b550m-itx/ac
Kingston Sata SSD replaced with Crucial p5 plus pcie4.0
2 x 8GB 3200mhz RAM
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
RTX 3080
silverstone sx650w, less than 2 years old

Display worked briefly at one point after downloading basic drivers following a complete uninstallation of everything Nvidia related, but it was an older driver (I think version 417.xx) and I could not launch anything with it. After upgrading the drivers and restarting my pc the problems came back. It seems my pc cant properly install the drivers because when it came back and I opened up GeForce Experience and it prompted me to install the drivers again...

another important piece of information: the Windows loading circle of dots gets stuck while booting, and it takes over a minute to load into Windows.

I have already tried:
  • reinstalling Windows,
  • changing partition type,
  • resetting bios settings to default,
  • fully uninstalling drivers,
  • installing older drivers

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2022
Hi guys. Recently I replaced a few parts in my PC:

• New mobo as my old one had a dead ram slot,
  • New SSD as my old one did not have a dram cache,
  • New cooler, for cooling reasons.
After I changed the motherboard I immediately started experiencing weird graphical issues. First, the display on my monitors was just not showing up. I had to fiddle with the wires and restart a couple times before it actually showed up. As soon as I got video output, I started work on transferring files to the cloud and then installed Windows on the new drive.

After installing Windows and completely cleaning the drive, I continued to have the graphic issues. this time the resolution was all wonky and I could not change anything in the display options, along with the previous one monitor bug. I thought it was driver issues and I also had to install drivers anyways with the new motherboard so I installed the drivers.
The usual 5-10 second black screen and flashing was a much longer 3+ minute black screen with audio going crazy (I was watching a video while installing the drivers).

Anyways this was a few days ago. at this point I have reinstalled windows multiple times, used DDU to fully uninstall my drivers. Still experiencing these issues. Currently my pc is stuck on a black screen when doing the most recent reinstallation of Windows, and freezing after installing the default graphics drivers during the initial setup.

other important information:

Components
Asus b450i Strix replaced with AsRock b550m-itx/ac
Kingston Sata SSD replaced with Crucial p5 plus pcie4.0
2 x 8GB 3200mhz RAM
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
RTX 3080
silverstone sx650w, less than 2 years old

Display worked briefly at one point after downloading basic drivers following a complete uninstallation of everything Nvidia related, but it was an older driver (I think version 417.xx) and I could not launch anything with it. After upgrading the drivers and restarting my pc the problems came back. It seems my pc cant properly install the drivers because when it came back and I opened up GeForce Experience and it prompted me to install the drivers again...

another important piece of information: the Windows loading circle of dots gets stuck while booting, and it takes over a minute to load into Windows.

I have already tried:
  • reinstalling Windows,
  • changing partition type,
  • resetting bios settings to default,
  • fully uninstalling drivers,
  • installing older drivers