Question Can't receive google (gmail) verification code.

preguntonontrack

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2013
Hello everybody, i am having an issue where i am trying to log in to my secondary gmail account. I had 2 step verification on and when it says the code was sent i am not receiving any code. Everything else works great: Normal texts, amazon verification, ebay etc etc

Tried logging in from my computer, my phone etc and i am not receiving it. I have a friend that has this issue too for a month now. Also tried using another methos but it seems only my phone is on that account. Any idea?

Hello everybody, i am having an issue where i am trying to log in to my secondary gmail account. I had 2 step verification on and when it says the code was sent i am not receiving any code. Everything else works great: Normal texts, amazon verification, ebay etc etc

Tried logging in from my computer, my phone etc and i am not receiving it. I have a friend that has this issue too for a month now. Also tried using another methos but it seems only my phone is on that account. Any idea?

Have you looked in every folder... some mails can be automatically moved to folders like Spam, Trash, Notifications, Promotions.. The All mail folder should show every received mail...

Google verification code always arrive to the phone via sms. i mentioned texts.
You also mentioned trying to login from a computer... the fact is an email account is an email account, it doesn't matter what device you use, desktop, laptop, tablet or phone, they all should access the same email account, at least up to the login screen, where you can generate a new verification code, and have it sent by email to your alternate email account.

Phone is the only way attached to the account. For some reason i am not receving the code from google meanwhile i do receive it from other services.
Check what this comment says on the subject. If they send "you" a verification code, and you don't get it, they may be sending it to someone else... and your account may be compromised!.

Read thoroughly and consider creating and using a new email account, at least while you can recover and secure the present account.

preguntonontrack

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2013
Check what this comment says on the subject. If they send "you" a verification code, and you don't get it, they may be sending it to someone else... and your account may be compromised!.

Read thoroughly and consider creating and using a new email account, at least while you can recover and secure the present account.

Checked the email several times. As soon you do account recovery they ask for your phone and is the same i have. Still cant receive the code.

Checked the email several times. As soon you do account recovery they ask for your phone and is the same i have. Still cant receive the code.
They do ask for a recovery phone number every chance they get... but what good is it, if hackers can get at it, and apparently replace it with their own?...
Seems obvious to me, they have full control of your Gmail acct and probably even your phone... that means you have to change your phone number, and open a new Gmail account, and secure it with a strong password, and instead of a phone for recovery, give them any other email you can open with Microsoft, Yahoo, etc.

As for your old Gmail account, your only hope of recovering it is if, Gmail helps you get it back, but it doesn't look like they're interested in doing a thing about it.

Check their Gmail support... you may have better luck there.

Change or reset your password

preguntonontrack

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2013
They do ask for a recovery phone number every chance they get... but what good is it, if hackers can get at it, and apparently replace it with their own?...
Seems obvious to me, they have full control of your Gmail acct and probably even your phone... that means you have to change your phone number, and open a new Gmail account, and secure it with a strong password, and instead of a phone for recovery, give them any other email you can open with Microsoft, Yahoo, etc.

As for your old Gmail account, your only hope of recovering it is if, Gmail helps you get it back, but it doesn't look like they're interested in doing a thing about it.

Check their Gmail support... you may have better luck there.

Change or reset your password
Thanks for the advice, but no one hacked my account. I just did a recheck my only recovery method is my phone and is currently mine registered. For some reason i am not receiving google's verification code. Even if i wanted to change the password it asks for two step verification. Byt he way current password i working great but it ask for the code each login and i cant log in.