Question Can't record music using HDMI/USB cords

Feb 22, 2023
I have being trying to record videos using OBS on my Windows 11 notebook from a connected camcorder using a HDMI cable. OBS is able to pickup both videos and vocal, but not MUSIC. I have also tried connecting my sound source using a USB cable and no success either when recording music. Vocal is fine, just not music. Any idea???

kanewolf

Titan
I have being trying to record videos using OBS on my Windows 11 notebook from a connected camcorder using a HDMI cable. OBS is able to pickup both videos and vocal, but not MUSIC. I have also tried connecting my sound source using a USB cable and no success either when recording music. Vocal is fine, just not music. Any idea???
Check the settings on the camcorder. Maybe it is outputting multi-channel audio and OBS is only recording 2 channels. See if you can set the camcorder to output stereo.

Feb 22, 2023
Check the settings on the camcorder. Maybe it is outputting multi-channel audio and OBS is only recording 2 channels. See if you can set the camcorder to output stereo.

I did. First, it has to do with privacy. I enabled that in Windows and it work but only vocal. Anytime music is play, no music gets pickup in OBS, only vocal.

It works just fine in windows 8.1 on my older computer. No issues at all.