[SOLVED] Can't recover external HDD's Data, stuck on repeating Loop.

Jan 20, 2019
Hello there! So, I am currently trying to recover Data from an HDD I connected to my PC externally since it doesn't boot anymore. And every time I plug it in, my PC goes laggy as Hell and when I tried to read off the Data, I was stuck in a never ending loop. I've tried using Recovery Software, but again, the Timer of 1 hour didn't count down even after 10 hours. I am guessing that maybe the reading head (? literal translation from german) of that HDD is stuck in a certain position or is it something else? Thanks for any Advice.

Solution
Since it has to be a damage drive, you may need to leave it 48 hours while it tries to recover.
Normally it's just a small section of the HDD that gets damaged and it takes forever to read it, but once it gets through that it should be quite quick.
I'm surprised if HDS didn't give you much information, normally it tells you everything, about how long it has left to live, damage, usage etc, Maybe it's that far gone it can't even get that basic information from the SMART attributes.
Anyway good luck!
Jan 20, 2019

Thanks for the quick response.
The Software shows me just several Question marks and no Checks.
When I try to do the reading scan, the HDD just doesn't show up as a testable option.
Thanks for further advice.

Since it has to be a damage drive, you may need to leave it 48 hours while it tries to recover.
Normally it's just a small section of the HDD that gets damaged and it takes forever to read it, but once it gets through that it should be quite quick.
I'm surprised if HDS didn't give you much information, normally it tells you everything, about how long it has left to live, damage, usage etc, Maybe it's that far gone it can't even get that basic information from the SMART attributes.
Anyway good luck!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS