Can't recover my outlook.pst files off of old drive.

Just added a new hard drive to my pc and made my old drive a slave. The slave
still has files on it, but i can't copy and paste. Access denied. I did have
a password on XP on my old drive. Could that be the problem? I really need to
import my outlook files into my email that i set up on the new drive.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bilbo
--
"Happy Trails"

Bilbo Baggins wrote:
> Just added a new hard drive to my pc and made my old drive a
> slave. The slave still has files on it, but i can't copy and
> paste. Access denied. I did have a password on XP on my old
> drive. Could that be the problem? I really need to import my
> outlook files into my email that i set up on the new drive.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Bilbo

You need to take ownership of the files. Take a look here for
the procedure:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&sd=tech

Good luck

Nepatsfan