Can't reinstall Bluetooth Driver on Laptop

Aug 30, 2018
I've had numerous issues with the bluetooth drivers and windows 10 (which I'm unfortunately stuck using). When my bluetooth headphones stop communicating with the laptop (predator 17, gx 792, I have had to go through a series of troubleshooting to try to resolve it.

Going into service.msc to restart active bluetooth services and ensuring they're automatic (except the third one which always gives me an error when I try to set it to auto), I've uninstalled the drivers believing Windows would reinstall them on reboot. They *never* reinstall, and they disappear from the device manager as well. The icon for bluetooth disappeared from the system tray. There's no on/off option in the 'action center' (which I'd like to go away too). There's nothing under the Device settings for bluetooth. When I try to add something, it says Bluetooth is off. I've gone into Troubleshooting and it says it can't find anything. I went into Bluetooth troubleshooting and it says there's no Bluetooth device on my computer. And there most certainly is. I even popped into the BIOS and reset to factory default in case somehow that'd effect things (though it's unlikely but may as well try).

So I lost connection earlier, and I tried to simply remove the drivers, reset the services (service.msc), restart and reinstall the drivers. The drivers aren't even installing now. I can't get bluetooth to show up in device manager (even with 'view hidden' selected).

I'm honestly pretty stumped with this. Is there a way to delete anything associated with the bluetooth software and drivers? Is it possible if they didn't get cleaned up completely that it'd cause more issues?

Thanks.

Oct 25, 2018

A Bluetooth Driver is a software program that allows your operating system to communicate with a Bluetooth device and vice-versa.

Bluetooth Device Drivers are operating system and device specific. In other words, for the same Bluetooth Device, you are likely to require a different Driver for Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 7 to the Driver you would need for Windows XP. Also, one Driver will work only with one type of Bluetooth Device.

Start Download

In most cases, Bluetooth Device Driver errors occur when the required Driver is either missing or corrupt. In this article, we will discuss the following topics:

What are the common causes of Bluetooth Device Drivers problems?
How to troubleshoot Bluetooth Device Drivers errors
Common Bluetooth Device Drivers Problems:
If you encounter a problem with your Bluetooth Driver, your Windows operating system will fail to identify the connected Bluetooth Device. Most of the time, you will be made aware of a problem in a Bluetooth device driver by the appearance of an error message on your screen.

Below are some of the common Bluetooth Driver errors and their meaning:
Error 1 – “Bluetooth device not found. Please verify that your Bluetooth device is properly connected and turned on”
Meaning – The above error has been reported mostly in Windows XP, and it occurs because Windows XP installs its own Bluetooth device driver instead of the driver that was included with your Bluetooth device.

This is essentially a Bluetooth pairing issue, you may also see the error “Bluetooth cannot start, Hardware not found”

This can be a Bluetooth Drivers issue but it is also worthwhile trying the following which can fix this Bluetooth hardware not found issue.

Go to Device Manager
Click on Bluetooth, select the properties of the first entry which is usually a wireless bluetooth module
In properties dialogue box select the Power Management tab > uncheck the box turn off device to save power
This may solve the problem, if not you may need to use the link at the end of the article to update your Bluetooth Drivers

Error 2 – “This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)”
Meaning – The above error means that either the required Bluetooth Driver is not installed on your computer or it is missing.

Error 3 – “This device cannot start. (Code 10)”
Meaning – The above error may mean that your Bluetooth Driver is outdated.

What can I do to fix Bluetooth Software Drivers problems?
Fix the Bluetooth error via Device Manager
Windows computers contain a built-in utility, Device Manager, which allows you to identify and troubleshoot driver-related errors. You can access Device Manger via the Control Panel window.

Outlined below are steps to show you how to update drivers via Device Manager in Windows 7 and Vista, and fix driver errors occurring due to an outdated device driver.

Open Control Panel
Double-click Device Manager
Locate and double-click the Bluetooth driver that you need to update
Click the Driver tab
Click the Update Driver button
Click Search automatically for updated driver software
Windows will now search for the latest driver on your system and the Internet. After Windows has located the latest driver, follow the onscreen instructions to install it
Fix the Bluetooth error using a Driver Update Tool
The problems in using the Device Manager are:

The process can be time consuming, especially if you have older versions of Windows operating systems, and
It has a low success rate in efficiently resolving driver errors.
A more simple and effective way of fixing driver related errors is by using a reliable and efficient driver management software

Best Regard
For ease of searching software and drivers needed for printers and scanners
IJ Network Scanner Selector EX and Scansnap Drivers ix500

Feb 4, 2019
How to install Bluetooth on a laptop without complicated

Bluetooth is an important component for laptop and computer users. The function of bluetooth on computers and laptops is to be able to send or receive data and move data without having to use a data cable. Although the process of transferring files via data cable can be considered very fast, but not every time we prepare a data cable. Not to mention if the data transmission feature with a USB mobile suddenly suddenly is not supported by a laptop.

By karnea, the use of bluetooth can be more quickly applied to data transmission systems between devices such as sending files, documents, music, movies and much more. It should be reminded, that not all types of laptops on the market are equipped with bluetooth components.

Therefore, make sure the laptop you have has a Bluetooth feature. If it is certain there is no, then you have to add it yourself by using an external Bluetooth USB that is now very small in size so it does not interfere with your busy work. On this occasion, we will discuss about how to install bluetooth on a laptop that can be done quickly and easily.

The ways we will explain this can be applied to all types of laptops, be it Acer laptops, Asus, Lenovo, Axioo, Toshiba, and other types of laptops that are installed Windows 7 and above. If you have a problem with the Bluetooth driver on your laptop, for example the Bluetooth Peripheral Device problem, how to reinstall the driver is one way to deal with Bluetooth peripheral devices. Well, here are the steps:

1. Check the availability of Bluetooth drivers
To be able to connect a laptop using bluetooth, your laptop requires a compatible driver (suitable) in sending data to various devices, both mobile devices and computers. Sometimes, in installing a driver that does not match the device, Windows will issue a message like the picture below: How to find out whether Bluetooth on your laptop has been installed or not, can be seen in the Device Manager. If on the Bluetooth Radios section there is a device that says "Bluetooth Module" and "Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator", meaning that the Bluetooth driver on your laptop is not installed. Although Windows has actually provided the default driver, this driver cannot be used for data transfer. Likewise if you see the Network Adapters section. If there is a device that says "Bluetooth Device (xxx)", it means that your laptop's Bluetooth driver is not installed. Why is it that a Bluetooth device can be detected as a network device? Because Bluetooth also has a feature for sharing the internet using the Personal Area Network (PAN).

2. Look for your Laptop Bluetooth Driver
To get a suitable driver, download the bluetooth driver on the official website of your laptop manufacturer. In addition, you can also visit several websites that provide, such as Scape Drivers, Driver Identifiers, or Tech Spot. Some of these websites are quite famous and well-known laptop driver provider websites. Look for a Bluetooth driver that suits your laptop, but later you only install one Bluetooth driver. Some types of Bluetooth drivers released include Qualcomm, Railink, and Broadcom. By searching for laptop drivers on the internet, you have done one of the ways to install a driver without a CD. Case examples on ASUS X450LD laptops that have problems with Bluetooth drivers, where this laptop uses the Windows 7 operating system. On the official website of ASUS, they do not provide Bluetooth drivers for Windows 7. Alternatively, the author downloads the Bluetooth driver on the Scape Driver site. Like the example below.

Best Regard
Synology Cloud Station