Cant reinstall windows please help

arkight

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
Please help me I formatted my hard drive and am trying to reinstall XP and it is locking up at pretty much the same spot.

I have a legit upgrade CD

When I try installing after a format from dos through the CD I get to where it asks to install a previous version and continue I insert win 98 second edition and the computer just reboots it self and doesn’t do anything.

If I install windows 98 after a format I get it installed correctly, but when I go to install the upgrade it doesn’t work either I get prêt far through the process but it stops in the same spot every time then I get a blue screen. With some errors.

Can I get some help

arkight

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
That is what i had to do i disabeled everything in bios i mean everything and it worked that way. All cash, sound, usb everything and it worked that way.

lungile

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
according to your statement "you have formated your harddrive" and now you want to "re-install" of which these are to things that do not work hand in hand... all you need to do is install a new xp simply because there is nothing to repair since you formated the drive...

arkight

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
LOL why are you trying to be smart i had a problem windows it was crashing upon installatiuon i asked for help one guy suggested something it made me think i tryed it and it worked what was the point of what you said?