Can't remove bandwidth cap

LastShadow01

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
Hello a copple of days ago i called my internet provider cause the download speed was 50% slower. After that he capped my downloading speed so i can have a bigger bandwidth to my wi-fi but i didn't needed that and so from a downloading speed of 6 MB/s i was left at 3 MB/s. How can i remove that bandwidth cap? It was done from my pc not from the internet providing place (his pc or whatever is called) and i can't find a way to set my bandwidth back the speed of 6 MB/s. Any ideas of how can i do this? (i went to gpedit.msc (as the google tutorials say) but it wasn't done from there, and it wasn't done from my router cause he didn't had the password to acess it) When i test the speed on speedtest there says i have 6.1 MB/s but when i download i only have 3. Dose anyone have any idea of how can i fix this?

USAFRet

Titan
There is a difference between bandwidth and bandwidth cap.

Bandwidth generally refers to download and upload speed.
Maybe 6mbps down/1mbps up

Bandwidth cap generally refers to how much you can download in a month.
Maybe 200GB or something like that.

After that he capped my downloading speed si i can have a bigger bandwidth to my wi-fi but i didn't needed that and so from a downloading speed of 6 MB/s i was left at 3 MB/s.
That does not make a whole lot of sense.

So...from a PC that is wired to the modem, what do you get when testing to speedtest.net?
Please post the screencap of that.

LastShadow01

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
So, I'm supposed to havea download speed of 6 mb/s but my provider made so i will download with only 3mb/s from my pc and i can't find the setting to wich I can undo what he has done. (i'm saying that is from my pc cause he didn't change it from his workstation). Speedtest.net tells me i have 6 mb/s but when i download something i only get a speed of 3 mb/s.

USAFRet

Titan

Then you DO have a 6 mbps connection, and it is apparently giving you 6mbps.

but when i download something i only get a speed of 3 mb/s
This means little if anything.
What is telling you 3mbps?

LastShadow01

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
The torrent, and the provider told me i will download with a slower speed and then he did something on my pc and told me the rest of the speed will remain for wi-fi

USAFRet

Titan

You cannot use a torrent as any vaguely reliable indicator of download speed.
Speedtest.net is showing you 6megabits...that is what you are getting.