Can't remove my 'Tracked Threads'

Mr Davo

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I no longer want to be subscribed to my 'Tracked Threads'.

2py6r5z.jpg

When I go to my 'Tracked Threads' and click on X next to 'Remove all', as shown below, the threads are not removed!

2dcidyx.jpg

Instead of removing the threads I am returned to the 'main forum screen' and given the 'impression' that they have been removed!

29ftcfr.jpg

Returning to my 'Tracked Threads' I see that they all remain (when in fact I wanted them removed!).

so2wea.jpg

I have tested this site functionality in both Firefox (v 33.1) and Internet Explorer (v 9).

Is the site malfunctioning or it there another way of going about this task? Finally how does one alter their 'default thread subscription' settings; whilst I want to participate in the forum I don't want an email every time that someone adds to a thread that I have offered help on.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

Solution
That "Remove All" option is not for unsubscribing from threads, it is to remove all the current tags/categories you are looking at on that forum search page.

Unfortunately, to unsubscribe from threads, you have to manually go into each one and do it. You can find those options at the bottom of the first post in the thread, on the bottom left hand side. I'll see if we can get a mass unsubscribe function put in at some point, but for now, it is a bit of a tedious thing. Alternatively, when posting a reply using the full GUI as opposed to the quick reply, you can uncheck the box that says something along the lines of "Email me updates to the thread" to not receive an email for that thread.

cklaubur

Distinguished
The "Remove All" option doesn't seem to work for me either, and I'm using Pale Moon 25.1.0 (based on Firefox).

To stop the e-mails, go to "Manage My Profile" then select "Account Settings" on the right. Contact options should be in the middle of the page.

Casey

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
That "Remove All" option is not for unsubscribing from threads, it is to remove all the current tags/categories you are looking at on that forum search page.

Unfortunately, to unsubscribe from threads, you have to manually go into each one and do it. You can find those options at the bottom of the first post in the thread, on the bottom left hand side. I'll see if we can get a mass unsubscribe function put in at some point, but for now, it is a bit of a tedious thing. Alternatively, when posting a reply using the full GUI as opposed to the quick reply, you can uncheck the box that says something along the lines of "Email me updates to the thread" to not receive an email for that thread.

Solution