Question CANT RESET OC cant stop blue screening

Dec 4, 2019
I randomly started getting blue screens mid game i went to hwinfo and i noticed that my CPU was for some reason set to 4.4, when in bios it was set to default(3.8). I checked amd ryzen master which i have installed for some reason and it overclocked by itself. I cant reset my cpu overclock. I have a Ryzen 5 3600x with a MSI x570 a-pro motherboard. In bios it still says 3.8 but my temps are going through the roof and my task manager also says 4.4. How do i reset my overclock?

Reactions: bencos2018
4.4 is the max automatic boost clock on the 3600x.

If stable prior, check your cooling setup to make sure the fans are still running, if an AIO water cooler, check if your pump has failed. Check your other case fans. Check and blow out dust.

Disable/uninstall Ryzen Master Utility.

Go into BIOS and disable the automatic overclocking.

Posting your crash dump from the blue screen may or may not be helpful. If you can post it somewhere it can be downloaded and looked at may or may not be helpful.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ryzen master will automatically bump up core performance if temps and voltages allow for such. So if you are running at 4.4GHz then Ryzen master has determined that temps and voltages are sufficient. Temps 'through the roof'? Exactly how high are you talking about. Mid 80's? Perfectly normal.

It's a 3600x, you could disable PBO.

Without other information, such as actual temps, actual cause of the bsod (look in Event Viewer in Windows for a critical error) then automatically assuming you need to start deleting and resetting stuff is lame. Driver conflicts, gpu overheat, psu failures can all cause bsod that has little to nothing to do with Ryzen Master.