can't RESTORE my system (XP-pro)

Erik

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Hi
After major problems with *.lnk gone mad and not beeing able to run most exe-files
I have now overcome that
but my system is still wired
so I want to do a system-restore to a point 3 days back
but after running system-restore it turns up after re-boot saying "can't restore, no
changes made" :-(

what can I do ??

thanks for any help
erik
Denmark

Erik,
I'm having the same problem. I'm using XP Home and my desire to restore
came from simply not being able to open email windows after uninstalling
Hydravision, but I'm getting the same restore error.

I put up a post in OE6 for another reason, but also cited that I'm having
this problem. If I hear anything, I'll let you know. I've tried several
restore points, none have worked. I'm as clueless too.

John
Orlando

"erik" wrote:

> Hi
> After major problems with *.lnk gone mad and not beeing able to run most exe-files
> I have now overcome that
> but my system is still wired
> so I want to do a system-restore to a point 3 days back
> but after running system-restore it turns up after re-boot saying "can't restore, no
> changes made" :-(
>
> what can I do ??
>
> thanks for any help
> erik
> Denmark

Hi

That error message would suggest that one or more of the System Restore
files have become corrupt. You can try turning SR off/on, although you will
lose all existing checkpoints:

Right click on My Computer and select Properties>System Restore. Enable
'Turn off System Restore on all drives' - then reboot your PC. Go back into
SR and disable 'Turn off...' and then reboot again. After the second reboot
you should have one new checkpoint and SR should work properly after that.

Unless there is an entry in the Event Viewer that may point towards a
particular problem?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User