Question Can't run 2 monitors

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
You are doing this all wrong.

You cannot use a splitter and use the multiple displays feature. Not at all, never ever, period.

That will simply mirror your displays.

If you want to use 2 monitors and "multiple displays" you need to connect 2 cables, 1 form each monitor, directly to your GTX 1660ti GPU. DO NOT plug anything into the motherboard.

If your 1660ti doesn't have 2 HDMI ports then maybe your monitor has display port and you can use that, or you will need an adaptor. This is the ONLY way this will work.

Mar 20, 2019

You cannot use a splitter and use the multiple displays feature. Not at all, never ever, period.

If you want to use 2 monitors and "multiple displays" you need to connect 2 cables, 1 form each monitor, directly to your GTX 1660ti GPU. DO NOT plug anything into the motherboard.

If your 1660ti doesn't have 2 HDMI ports then maybe your monitor has display port and you can use that, or you will need an adaptor. This is the ONLY way this will work.
My 1660 ti only got one HDMI ports so I'm gonna check if I can find an adaptor

Mar 20, 2019

It work with the adapter connect in the 1660 ti

My motherboard can only use hdmi
You may not have the option to use two monitors in that case. A discrete graphics card usually has the ability to use all of the ports at once. You mentioned a GeForce gtx 1660 ti...is this not providing two connectors or more? I would think an advanced/modern GPU like that would have either multiple HDMI or HDMI plus DisplayPort...or at least DVI-D. Is this not the GeForce gtx 1660 ti? What connectors does the GeForce gtx 1660 ti have?

Modern displays have a wire in them, the "DDC" wire. This wire sends the monitor's specs to the video card (called the "EDID" data). Unless both monitors can independently send that information there isn't much hope that both monitors would be detected. If you have a way to tell the driver to blindly send a signal at a certain spec you might get lucky...but in the case of two monitors which are not exact matches this would be a losing battle.

Also keep in mind that each desktop may need video ram, and that integrated video solutions, if not using system ram, will be too limited to support a pair of 4k monitors (or perhaps even a single 4k monitor). Using less, like 1920x1080 would help, but you would still use more video ram for a pair of 1080p versus a single 1080p.