can't run 3 displays with Premiere Pro CC Projects crash instantly

OffbeatBryce

Honorable
Mar 27, 2017
I've been trying to figure out what is actually going on here for a few months now and I narrowed it down to having three monitors on. Here is what happens but i don't have a solution yet.

If I have all three display monitors turned on which are hooked up by DVI to HDMI connections premiere pro cc 2017 and 2018 will crash a project instantly. If I shut off the third monitor and restart the computer the project open fine. Essentially I can use Premiere with two monitors just not three. I have a Quardro m4000 graphics card which actually has 4 display outputs so I don't see how i could be overloading the graphics card because it won't even run 3 monitors.

I did some more trouble shooting and discovered if I change the playback engine setting in premiere from GPU Cuda to Mercury software playback only (which sets it to play from either graphics card or software) the project doesn't crash with three monitors. It has something to do with the GPU setting turned on obviously but I can't figure out how.

I've ran windows 10 updates and also ran a graphics card update which Microsoft didn't find any updates for my card. I even went online to NVIDIA website and I have the latest driver

This issue is not just one project its any number of them when the GPU is enabled for playback with three monitors on.

This happens in both 2017 and 2018 CC of Premiere.

Does anyone have a solution? I can run any other program with three monitors turned on such as photoshop after effects etc just not premiere cc.

OffbeatBryce

Honorable
Mar 27, 2017

huh? what do you mean swap memory units? Premiere is the top of the line editing program. No one else has this problem. Not sure why switching to another program will work.