Question Cant run all 3 DP at the same time. Rog Strix 010g v2

djwagz

Prominent
Feb 9, 2021
New install, new psu.

I came from a 3070 which had 2 DP and had to use a HDMI for third monitor. This is for sim racing so I use 3 monitors. All excited to Run 3 DP and get over the 120hz I was limited because of HDMI. If I plug in 3 DP 1 monitor wont detect signal. If I hook 1 monitor to HDMI, then it will detect and work all three monitors. I have tried different cables. I can switch DP ports and they all work as longs as 1 HDMI is hooked up. I don't get it. not cables, not one port. I am no better off then before I spend all this money. Any ideas?

Remmik

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010
New install, new psu.

I came from a 3070 which had 2 DP and had to use a HDMI for third monitor. This is for sim racing so I use 3 monitors. All excited to Run 3 DP and get over the 120hz I was limited because of HDMI. If I plug in 3 DP 1 monitor wont detect signal. If I hook 1 monitor to HDMI, then it will detect and work all three monitors. I have tried different cables. I can switch DP ports and they all work as longs as 1 HDMI is hooked up. I don't get it. not cables, not one port. I am no better off then before I spend all this money. Any ideas?
I had a similar issue but it’s been many months since dealing with it. It turned out that the default refresh rate was not comparable with the one of my monitors. I would have thought that they would default to a lower standard rate that would always work but that was not the case. I had to go into the settings to manually change the refresh rate and then the desktop finally appeared in the trouble monitor.
It’s been some time since I did this and going off hazy memory. Start by going into adapter settings and changing the monitor refresh rates to 60. If all monitors are not detected, then plug in one monitor at a time into the corresponding DP you will use with that monitor and change the refresh rate. Then unplug that monitor, move the cable over to the next port and plug in the 2nd monitor to change it refresh rate. Then the third one. Now plug in all cable to card and to their respective monitors and see if they all display your desktop. If so try raising the refresh rate on each one and see if any give you problems.

djwagz

Prominent
Feb 9, 2021
I have latest drivers. Tried one at a time 3rd would kill one. I have to use hdmi to make work but my monitors are hdmi 2.0 so only gives me 120hz. Same as my 3070. I don't kno6if i gained anything with expensive upgrade of psu and card and cables. Rog strix 3080 is better card but everything is working weird now. I have 3 1440p monitors for sim racing. When I Google it, basically it says no card will run 3 1440p at 144hz or above. Maybe 3090 with great cpu. Card might just be cutting out a 3rd connection because it's over limits. I've called asus. They have support reaching back, but I know its a mess. All ports actually work. They also said return it. Ya, like newegg has these to swap out. Rma, no computer for ?

I have latest drivers. Tried one at a time 3rd would kill one. I have to use hdmi to make work but my monitors are hdmi 2.0 so only gives me 120hz. Same as my 3070. I don't kno6if i gained anything with expensive upgrade of psu and card and cables. Rog strix 3080 is better card but everything is working weird now. I have 3 1440p monitors for sim racing. When I Google it, basically it says no card will run 3 1440p at 144hz or above. Maybe 3090 with great cpu. Card might just be cutting out a 3rd connection because it's over limits. I've called asus. They have support reaching back, but I know its a mess. All ports actually work. They also said return it. Ya, like newegg has these to swap out. Rma, no computer for ?
Achieving the fps of triple 1440p @144hz in gaming is not the same with running triple 1440p @144hz. It should have worked just as showing display at first and then as gaming but not reaching 144 fps unless you turn some settings down.

The card has not reached it's limit for sure. The problem lies elsewhere and my bet is on the GPU being faulty or maybe in need of a newer vBIOS or something.

Another note on the subject is that depending on the game you want to play, 3090 and an excellent CPU is indeed needed to achieve 144fps in triple 1440p with ultra settings.

djwagz

Prominent
Feb 9, 2021
Thank you for your reply, this is what I've come to believe also. It should work but probably at low frame rate. Problem is I won this in the shuffle, so it's not like I can just swap for a new one. I also upgraded psu cables and altered vertical mount. Spent a lot. I don't want to be without pc with RMA from Asus. Also they might not even fix since each individual port works, just not at the same time. I gues I could take apart and try to get my 3070 back in, but I paid a guy to do the swap, really I'm a noob at this. I called Newegg, and can return, but no guarantee I can get another like it from them. It's white, I have white build so it's either this or Gigabyte vision which has lousy thermal pads needing replacement. I instaled new Vbios for everything. I agree fully that a 3090 would be much better, but that's 1000k more if I can get one. Heck my 3070 was handling most, it's really just that I actually won a white strix in the shuffle at retail, so I figured I'd upgrade. Really wanted a 3080ti, but only Gigabyte makes white one. I hope it's not a monitor match issue, They are all the same, Dell 32DGF. Anyway, if you have any ideas further it would be great. Thanks again.