Question Cant run games after upgrading PC

Oct 14, 2022
Hey everyone,
recently I had a problem where my PC isn't running games, not at all it can run some small games (like Minecraft but only old versions) but they're laggy and running a bit heavy games can lag it so hard that all I can do is restart my PC or freeze it. This happened after I got a new CPU and I also downloaded my GPU's drivers I'm not sure if this happened because of them.

My specs are :
intel core i5-4200 CPU
AMD Radeon HD 6670 GPU
and 4 GB ram.

Where is the video cable from the monitor plugged into? Motherboard or GPU? If it's plugged into the motherboard then you are using the integrated GPU, which would explain the horrible performance.
Was this working fine before the CPU upgrade? What CPU did you have before?

Oct 14, 2022
Where is the video cable from the monitor plugged into? Motherboard or GPU? If it's plugged into the motherboard then you are using the integrated GPU, which would explain the horrible performance.
Was this working fine before the CPU upgrade? What CPU did you have before?
It's plugged into the GPU. I can't tell if it was working fine before the CPU upgrade because I needed to update my GPU's drivers. before I had an ancient intel Pentium dual core CPU.

Oct 14, 2022
So this may be the baseline...?
What leads you to believe that your current performance isn't just indicative of the performance level of hardware you are using?
Because before I had to update my GPU's driver everything was working fine at least It was running the games I play and everything I needed.

Oct 14, 2022
What prompted you to update your GPU drivers?
Was that the only change between good performance and now?
Because I got a new monitor but the graphics were trash and couldn't run games at all so I tried updating my GPU's drivers it worked kinda. And actually I feel like my PC is faster after I upgraded it but when I run games it literally dies maybe it's a memory issue?

Because I got a new monitor but the graphics were trash and couldn't run games at all so I tried updating my GPU's drivers it worked kinda. And actually I feel like my PC is faster after I upgraded it but when I run games it literally dies maybe it's a memory issue?
So the graphics were trash before the driver update. After the driver update they're still trash but also crashing. <--- Is this correct?
Sounds like you're trying to run games at settings that your components can't handle.

What makes you think it's a memory issue?

Edit - Or, was it okay on the old monitor but trash on the new? What are the specs of the old and new monitor?

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2022
So the graphics were trash before the driver update. After the driver update they're still trash but also crashing. <--- Is this correct?
Sounds like you're trying to run games at settings that your components can't handle.

What makes you think it's a memory issue?

Edit - Or, was it okay on the old monitor but trash on the new? What are the specs of the old and new monitor?
The graphics are better after the update. it used to crash before the update too.
I don't know if it's a memory issue I'm just guessing. And yeah it was okay on the old monitor I don't know its specs but I changed it because it burnt though it is better than the current one.

Oct 14, 2022
Did you confirm that you increased resolutions when going to the new monitor?
What's the full make and model of your new monitor?
How old was your old one?
Do you have any info on the size and model of the old one?
Yes, I did increase the resolution but it doesn't go the same as my old one.
My new monitor is a W2253TQ LG.
I don't know how it is but it's pretty old.
Its model is Harma 983A that's what it says on its back.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2022
So your old monitor may have been 1600x900 or 1366x768.
Your new one is 1920x1080.

It could be that your hardware just isn't able to run those games at that resolution. Have you tried lowering your resolution to test?
I don't remember what the old monitor's resolution is.
Yeah, I have tried running games at a lower resolution when I had the old monitor I used to run them on a higher resolution than the current one.

TRENDING THREADS